• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking For The OLD STYLE Gates 31523 Radiator Cap

sir_veza

Reaction score
Hello, Does anybody know where to find an OLDER STYLE Gates 31523 Radiator cap? Obviously in excellent condition (See attached photo).
I bought a new cap last fall but the top of the cap has changed from having a roundish shape to having two "winglets" either side and unfortunately rubs on the inside of my hood slightly. I spoke with a rep from Gates last week who said they changed suppliers a while ago.
My radiator is slightly taller than stock as the car was restored in Arizona.
Thanks in advance.

Gates_31523_Radiator_Cap.jpg

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you look on E bay. I see many there. I would contact the seller to make sure it's the old style before buying. THe first 2 places I look is Rockauto and E bay.

sir_veza

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Rock Auto has a comparable cap, (Not Gates) but not in stock. JEGS is apparently selling the newer version but hasn't updated the photos, thus picturing the older version.
I'm a little hesitant about buying on E Bay.

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Rock Auto has a comparable cap, (Not Gates) but not in stock. JEGS is apparently selling the newer version but hasn't updated the photos, thus picturing the older version.
I'm a little hesitant about buying on E Bay.
EBAY/Pal Pal is pretty safe. I have bought hundreds of things there.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Yes, Pay Pal does protect you from (how do I say?) questionable sellers. So it's pretty safe. Most sellers are good. Look at their ratings before purchasing.

Back