• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar Fuel Injection for B engine

Cudabud

Reaction score
I am looking to move toward a Sequential multi-port fuel injection system for my B engine, but the problem I`m facing is finding one for a low block "B" engine. Any recommendation? Suggestion or experience would be appricated.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Not hard to do unless you want to buy a bolt on kit , the intake is the biggest challenge , you can have injector seats welded into the runner of virtually any intake , I pieced together an EFI system using the best parts from various suppliers , the system is very tunable & drivable & works great .

Cudabud

Reaction score
Not hard to do unless you want to buy a bolt on kit , the intake is the biggest challenge , you can have injector seats welded into the runner of virtually any intake , I pieced together an EFI system using the best parts from various suppliers , the system is very tunable & drivable & works great .

As you stated the intake will the biggest challenge, do you know of a company that will modify the the B intake for FI? (This would be above my expertise and I would hate to screw up an intake). It seems that the Victor intake is what FAST is using for the 440 application and will proable be what I will go with (400 stroked to 451). What size injectors did you use?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Any competent machine shop should be able to handle it , the seats & rails are available , drill the holes & either weld in the seats or epoxy them in & drill the rails to match the spacing , Holley had rails available when I bought them .
With EFI the intake is less critical , wet intakes [ using carbs ] are more finicky as the fuel needs to stay suspended in the air flow , with EFI the intake is dry so as long as it flows air well it will work . Edelbrock makes the 440 Victor predrilled with rails to match , check with eddy on the 400 application , I have not heard of one but they may have it available .
The injector size is basically determined by HP , I used a 75 lb/ hr injector but we dynoed the engine at 702 gross Hp & 630 ft lbs , I used 2 Walbro inline fuel pumps with a 3/8" fuel line to each fuel rail & a single 3/8" return line through a single Bosch pressure reg . Depending on the power you may be able to get away with 50 lb / hr injectors . I anticipated we might make close to 800 hp & wanted to make sure the engine would not starve & go lean so we shot high & actually had less margin than I thought .

Back