• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopars in Sweden, Found my old 70 RT SE 440 on a Registry

340challconvert

Reaction score
Member 70CUDA4SPEED got me thinking, after he commented on my post,
so I did a little further research.
Another member RzeroB posted some months back that he found a mopar registry in Sweden and a Challenger convertible he sold, ended up in there, just like my old Challenger RT SE , 440 automatic.
I followed his lead to a website "mopar70.com" courtesty of RzeroB.
(not sure if other members were aware of this site?)
I'll be dammed, my old RT SE serial number was listed. JS29UB179325
The site also listed the import date, in my case 1982 - Owner-KJB826

I can't read most of it, but managed to scroll to the car list of registered owners, broken down by car type (RT/RTSE and so on)
There were 43 RT/SE Challengers alone listed.
There are 30 RT Challenger convertibles also listed.
There also is a 70 RT convertible hemi listed as imported in 1976
It is amazing how many Challengers alone ended up in Europe
The Swedes are real mopar lovers. It really blew my mind to see this.

There was a group of cars that were brought back from Sweden in December as part of the LINDSTEN Collection and sold at a Russo and Steele Auction.

Would love to contact the owner and let him know that Barry has the original build sheet.
Maybe 70 CUDA4SPEED is in a better position to let the owner know about the document?

This is all very cool. Some members might find their old car in Sweden.
It is a small world after all!
Dino2 (1).gif

340challconvert

Reaction score
I found a chalk drawing of my old 70 red, RT SE 440 car.
An old girlfriend's sister was an artist and did me the favor of chalking out a drawing of my car.

I framed it out way back when and it sat in storage for many years.
I have since finally rehung it in my current garage.
Not to be redundant, but man, this is one I wish I had kept!
There is a very lucky Swede out there.
RT SE chalk art.JPG
Dino2 (1).gif

70CUDA4SPEED

Reaction score
Maybe hes not in Sweden anymore, he can moved back to Finland so I have contacted a friend over there and asked him to do a search, maybe we can find him.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Maybe hes not in Sweden anymore, he can moved back to Finland so I have contacted a friend over there and asked him to do a search, maybe we can find him.
70CUDA4SPEED, thank you for your work on this and your quick follow- up.
Barry Washington had told me 2 years ago that the owner may have moved to Finland; he had no name at the time.
At the time I found the name Jarmo Palonen as the possible owner to the car. It sounds like you are on the right track!
Dino2 (1).gif

70CUDA4SPEED

Reaction score
Jarmo palonen is owner in the Swedish registry, but we just need to find him, I'm also trying to contact the guy he bought the car from 1991 maybe he knows something.

70CUDA4SPEED

Reaction score
My friend in Finland has found hes brother and he has given me Jarmos email, lets see what's happens, really hope he answer.

70CUDA4SPEED

Reaction score
Got answer from Jarmo today after sent him some mails, he had sold that car long time ago and had no clue if it was in Sweden or Finland, maybe the guys in Finland can do some more search for the car, it can also be in Norway or some other european country.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Got answer from Jarmo today after sent him some mails, he had sold that car long time ago and had no clue if it was in Sweden or Finland, maybe the guys in Finland can do some more search for the car, it can also be in Norway or some other european country.

I thank you for your diligence in following up with my old car.
The original build sheet is with Barry Washington who now lives in Pennsylvania.
I'm sure the new owner would want to have the original, which would make his car more valuable with this documentation.
Can't be too many red, 440 big block RT Special Edition Challengers with power windows and air floating around northern Europe!
Dino2 (1).gif

70CUDA4SPEED

Reaction score
At Facebook I have joined the Mopars in UK, Germay, Finland, Norway and Denmark and done a search for the car, let's see what happens.

Back