• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

My 1970 Challenger resurrection

Gaderider

Reaction score
1391CC4D-C000-49B6-990B-72E0F8E80EC8.jpeg
Ive finally brought the Challenger home, my father and I bought and started working on it atleast 15 years ago (I cant remember exactly when we got it). This photo is when my father sold his house and the car was put in storage, at this point we had done trunk floor, interior floor, quarters, rear inner fenders and rear subframe.

Gaderider

Reaction score
FCED00C3-9559-4896-9099-606CFCDD1B44.jpeg
First time in day light in many years, my father is now retired with plenty of time to work on the car now but sadly 45 years in construction left him with a severe case of carpal tunnel in both hands and a bit of arthritis. Surgery helped but he did not get 100% better (he can’t hold onto an impact gun to change over his snow tires now). We decided it was time to move the car to my house since Dad can’t work on it anymore. My garage is smaller but it’s workable, parts are in storage at Dads house.

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
Nice, I'm finally sinking my teeth into my restoration as well...

32089.jpeg

Gaderider

Reaction score
B0FA8E54-2481-4660-ADE6-0D7349A96639.jpeg
My son is saying (MY CAR) as my wife took the picture! I have discovered some collision damage on the driver side fender that was poorly repaired and some very poor rust repair on the driver side front frame rail. All in all we have a complete car that still needs work but a lot has already been done.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Good for you but I am sorry to hear about your dad’s physical health issues. What type of labor did he do?
What are your plans for the car?

Gaderider

Reaction score
Good for you but I am sorry to hear about your dad’s physical health issues. What type of labor did he do?
What are your plans for the car?
Dad did everything, born and raised on a farm started in construction at the age of 15. Through the years he had his hands in everything the company did, water and sewer, utilities (underground and overhead). Many of the early years were pick and shovel and he moved into heavy equipment and finished his career 45 years with the same company.
I want to keep the car as original looking as possible with all the benefits of modern suspension, braking, fuel injection and air conditioning. I know I want to go with an AlterKtion front end and some form of small block (leaning towards a stroked 360) with injection. I really like the sequential taillights made by digitails, and will likely do a full LED conversion.

Back