• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

MY Challenger MY way!

Donny

Reaction score
Looks like a steady and dedicated one day a week at least is in order in terms of me getting at James' car! Today, the crushed pass side floor behind the front seat we removed the crushed in section, going to heat it and beat it back into shape, then weld the piece back in. The Front end had some really crappy welding up front to fix some previous collision, which, welds had broken on some previous drive or 'jump' (as this was a Drug running car). The shiteey welds are gone, and prepping to weld up the front section. I epoxy primed the removed parts and unique parts like the Jack hold-down brackets etc after media blasting them. I'll post some pics in a few days.

Donny

Reaction score
Roof structure reconstruction:

Donny

Reaction score
Roof coupons being welded in today and tomorrow. Hired a guy JUST to do this work, dedicated on your car James!

Donny

Reaction score
James has had a huge Rubber meets the Road revelation. He now wants to sell the car, but, the car needs to be finished to make it desirable to sell. When he was layed off I sat on the car and stored it at no charge to him for like 18 months, the last 6 months or so I had to store it outside and told him to come get it as it will get rusty. James is back to work now and so am I on his car. I had to reblast it, and re-epoxy it, and pick up where I left off and that was that Roof. Not only was the goat piss rotting the structure, the car was a Drug mule and the roof was hacked off in chunks and the re-welding job was horrible and not strong. The A Pillars were chopped and rewelded not in proper dimensions, so, the Roof area is MAJOR costs, major major expenses! But, most of these cars these days require this level of work to repair.

Back