• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need 1970 Challenger door panels - preferably in red.

Mopar-Maniac

Reaction score
I am looking for a set of Red door panels for my 1970 Challenger. It has the wood inserts. My current set must have been replacements, since they appear to be painted red over black plastic. They are in pretty back shape. Not a good paint job. The kick panels and rear side panels are in good shape, not painted, original red plastic. If anyone knows of a good source for new, I would also be interested.

Mopar-Maniac

Reaction score
Thanks Cuda Hunter. Sorry, I was not very clear on my earlier post. I have a set that are black plastic that was painted red. they must have been replacements for the original red ones. Are there any good sources for new red plastic interior door panels, or do you have to settle on getting a black set painted red? Seems like the painted interior parts just don't hold up and look good after a while. I would appreciate some perspectives on how best to get my door panels replaced with good quality, and color match for my interior. My car is red on red (exterior/interior). Seats, carpet, kick panels and rear panels are all original solid red plastic.

moparleo

Reaction score

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Your best bet is to try Roseville moparts for the red door panels.
Otherwise, your probably going to need to buy white panels and dye/paint them red.

Mopar-Maniac

Reaction score
Thanks for the response and helpful resources. I did get some paint from Mike at Herbs a while ago. However, when I got the panels off the car, I can see several more issues and earlier repairs to the plastic that really leads me to look for replacements.
There are a few reproduction makers of interior plastic arts. Naturally, just like trying to match the color of anything , the only way to do it is to use the same lot of parts from the same manufacturer. Many restoration shops will use color dyes to match plastic parts.
Thanks Moparleo, very helpful. I contacted Jon at Roseville Moparts, great guy. They had a set of red door panels for a 1970 challenger, in stock. Said they ordered them a while back and figured someone would need them. Well, I was happy to take them off his hands. I also got the interior quarter panels too.

Back