• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need help with 400 intake manifold

skinnedknickles

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm working on a 400 engine and discovered that the intake manifold appears to be missing some sort of fitting in one of the chambers. There is an open threaded hole. I'm not sure what to make of this as this is my first mopar. I'm guessing a previous owner wanted it this way? Can someone let me know what the fitting is for and should I try to replace it? Or plug the hole? Is this some sort of system to allow exhaust gasses into the intake like an EGR? Thanks for any input.

manifold 2.jpeg

manifold.jpeg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
That would go into the heat crossover port mixing raw fuel into the exhaust or exhaust into the intake , you want that closed off

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. You should post this in another section.
This is the new member intro section. Click on the Forum link above and find the section you want to post your question in. Thanks
Also download yourself a Factory Service Manual. They give you a lot of info on your cars systems and pictures and diagrams that are very helpful when servicing your Mopar.

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! I would definitely plug it as Chryco mentioned.

Back