• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Negative battery cable mount location

shadango

Reaction score
Just starting to sort stuff out on my 72 Barracuda....

The 74 318 that is in it came from another car....

The motor has a battery cable (ground) coming from it (drivers side front corner of the block), and my car has a ground battery cable that goes to the radiator support.

So trying to decide which to use.....I always thought that the ground cable had to go to the block, but the rad support location must have worked for whoever had this car before.....

Which would you guys go with?

burntorange70

Reaction score
Usualy the batt cable goes to the motor then the motor is grounded to the frame some where like the fire wall.

shadango

Reaction score
Yeah, thats what I thought too....could be that the person who had my car previously did it wrong...

Someone on anotehr forum said the 73 has the ground cable going to the block but then also a lighter gauge cable going to the rad support.

burntorange70

Reaction score
I would just put the ground where ever works for you unless you are going for the 100 point resto. Don't sound like you are with the mini starter and headers and all.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the factory cable goes from the block to the battery & has a second pigtail out to the rad support where the headlights gorund

shadango

Reaction score
Thanks guys....bought the repro cables from Bill evans and am all set now.....pigtail and all. :)

Back