• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Asbestos rules

AUSTA

Reaction score
Mate just bought some dusters & r series valiant and was made to remove all the brake pads & clutch plates due to new laws
Apparently the US has a 1% asbestos tolerance & Australia now has a .5% tolerance all brake parts must certified non asbestos without certification the parts or vehicles will be automatically destroyed
I bought some metal cable glands from china & had to sign a asbestos free form Its getting impossible with all these new laws.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Well they quit making replacements for the Budd system so I did what I had to do and now I can have the cores of my old ones relined with modern materials. In fact now that I think about it maybe I'll get that done now and put those into service and keep the NOS ones as spares.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Alright for some they have decided the great wall can stay but must display a sticker in the engine bay warning of asbestos in components.
ALMOST 24,000 vehicles sold in Australia by Chinese manufacturers Great Wall and Chery may have to be recalled after importer Automotive discovered the presence of the banned and potentially deadly substance asbestos in some components.

seneca

Reaction score
China doesn't care what crap they put in their manufactured goods. Don't care about their people working with it and sure as hell don't
care about the end user. The USA had many, many home builders from 2001 - 2009 who bought Chinese drywall because it was cheap ( imagine that! ) that was full of toxic chemicals. People immediately began to get sick when they moved into their new homes ( Approx 100,000 homes were built using this junk ), the government got involved and the problem was identified. Many of the homes had to be torn down because it was cheaper than trying to rebuild.
Way off the subject, AUSTA, but I had the pleasure of working with many Aussie infantry units in VietNam. They were superb fighters ( and man could they drink!!! ) and I always enjoyed the comradeship that we had together. Great memories.

Back