• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New fish on the hook, wish me luck.

Reaction score
Ok, 50 lashes with a wet noodle for me for taking sooooooooooo looooooooooong!!!!!!!! to get pics up. I had to use the kid's computer to transfer photos. I can't use my work computer for personal stuff. I work for the big "B" company that makes things that fly and blows stuff up. Whoever designed this so that you can't upload photos directly from your phone is not getting a Christmas card from me...super clunky. I did feel I owed it to the really great folks on this forum- who've helped me thus far- to come through with a few pics. Enjoy.

IMG_20230617_165210_MP.jpg

IMG_20230617_165222_MP.jpg

IMG_20230617_165237_MP.jpg

IMG_20230617_165259_MP.jpg

IMG_20230617_165316_MP.jpg

IMG_20230617_165421_MP.jpg

IMG_20230617_165435_MP.jpg

IMG_20230617_165626_MP.jpg

Reaction score
The history:

Car's lived its whole life in Burien/West Seattle. Sold by Andresen Motors (no longer existing) in West Seattle in Jefferson Square. 1st owner bought it a few days before shipping out to Vietnam and then was KIA a few days afterwards. His next of kin let it sit in his garage for that year and most of the next year until the family I bought it from acquired it. So 50+ years in the same ownership.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
One has to salute one mans dreams and his family's sacrifice that gave everything. And 2nd owners that took care. Thanks for taking charge of the dream and do as you like.:thumbsup:
:usflag:

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
That looks like a great starting point. Underhood looks like the engine has been out, and interior is clean.
Now, what to do about the outside?
Obviously , back to lemon twist, but not till you have enjoyed it the way it is for awhile.
I've never seen that one around, and I spent a lot of time in west Seattle.
I bought 2 off a guy on fauntleroy back in the day.

70chall440

Reaction score
Id leave that car exactly as you found it, fix anything that needs fixing but then just enjoy it as it is. Way too many cars blown apart to "restore" that never get put back together.

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
Congrats on finally reeling this thing in. Similar to my car, being a 70, FY1, 4 speed car, with a different color repaint, although mine's got a 383 and is quite a bit shabbier. Look forward to seeing yours round the neighborhood!

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
What is the deal with the fy1 cars getting a color change?
I have an fy1 barracuda that is now fk5
I did it to make twins. I didn't really give the yellow a chance. Wish I hadn't now

70chall440

Reaction score
Well back in the day Yellow was definitely controversial, many people just didn't like it. I wasn't one of those people although I don't think I ever actually owned any classic yellow Mopar muscle cars, but I have made up for it in more current times.

MVC-147S.JPG
IMG_1035.JPG
IMG_1624.JPG

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
I can understand that some people don't love yellow, but I've always been confused by the fact that someone changed my Cuda from Lemon Twist to puke green. My guess is that the color change happened sometime in the 70s or early 80s, because 1988 the green paint was already faded and peeling off of the poorly prepped yellow base layer. Back then I would think that black or red would be the obvious color change choices for a muscle car, but green, WTF???

That's quite a Mopar collection @70chall440 :thumbsup:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
A few months after I bought my 71 in the 70's. I just got of the pike in town driving past a car dealer it caught my eye. Of course I pulled in and Ask about the car. Broke as a drunken sailor. came back a few months later it was gone. A year ( funny thing when typing I hit t and It read, A tear or more) or more later I found it. Knew the guy went to the same high school. Always keep in touch. 10 years later pulled in to his driveway. He was on top of his house building on. Before I said any thing he said do want to buy it. He yelled $500 I yelled back SOLD. I kinda was in shambles.motor interior tore apart flat tires.
So got it home in a short order was going to make time to get on the road. My younger brother a senior in high school seen it and wanted it. Boy did he bug me. Made a deal you be over here every day. Do what I tell you and work on it. I'll sell it to you. under one condition. You go to sell it you sell it back to ME!. He put it back together. He also worked at HO JO's. Didn't make much. I got him paint Citron Yellow. I was out of town ask to wait until I got back. Someone said I can paint that! Well we see how the paint turn out:(. JS23N1B 4sp Citron Yellow Black interior Black vinyl top and Black stripes. My point of view I liked the yellow. wife called it green.

383 RR CHALLENGER 2.jpg

Last edited:

70chall440

Reaction score
I can understand that some people don't love yellow, but I've always been confused by the fact that someone changed my Cuda from Lemon Twist to puke green. My guess is that the color change happened sometime in the 70s or early 80s, because 1988 the green paint was already faded and peeling off of the poorly prepped yellow base layer. Back then I would think that black or red would be the obvious color change choices for a muscle car, but green, WTF???

That's quite a Mopar collection @70chall440 :thumbsup:
Growing up in the era its hard to tell why Green other than any of the brighter colors were too many times ticket magnets also the high impact colors were sometimes hard to sell in some areas. I know that in Utah bright colors are not looked upon favorably.

Yeah I have a few. :lol:

20150802_201153.jpg
IMG_0122.jpeg
IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_3574.JPG
68670991055__00549A47-67E7-464F-8C0E-3A6F9301D072.jpg
RR2.JPG

Back