• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New member from Norway

Cuda in Norway

Reaction score
Thanks for the membership. I'm a boy from Norway in his mid - 50s who has rekindled an old passion.

For info, I speak poorly and write miserably in English, so you have to put up with the fact that I use google translate as help. Google translate does not always work so well on translations, so grammatically it may seem a little strange what I write.

As mentioned, the interest in old cars was great in the 80s and 90s, but I have previously owned various Chevrolet, Impala, Caprice, Chevelle and Camaro have been in my possession. The last camaro was a matching numbers Z-28 Rally Sport, this was a prize winner in the original classes in Norway and Sweden. The car was used, but mostly to and from car shows.

Therefore, I was sure that my first mopar would not be a matching numbers car, but a nice car I could put my own stamp on. Now it should be said that I have the most sense for the original look of the cars, so the goal is to make the car look original without it having to be 100% original.
I have in all years thought that 71 Cuda is one of the toughest that was made in the 60's and 70's, when a little over a year ago I had the opportunity to buy one so I just had to use the opportunity.

The car is an H code car, but there is now a 440 under the hood, a 4 speed 833 provides the power for 8 3/4 rear axle. The idea is to drive the car in the summer and improve it in the winter.

7DA11934-2184-469D-8587-7FE74FA7E213.jpeg

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan! Great looking Cuda!
BTW, your writing is very good :thumbsup: . Better than some members here:lol:.

As the Norwegians say, Uff Da!

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
Fantastic car you have there! Absolutely love it. Glad you joined up.

CNUMB

Reaction score
Welcome!! What part of Norway? My wife and I travel to Norway every other year, since 1992.. Have family there and ventured all over from north to south, east to west.. Love the country.. We were planning our normal trip there this year in the summer( love the winters) but got shut down, hoping next year we can travel again. Hoping Norwegian Air survives, as they would only give me a points refund.. Either way we plan on going there for a few weeks next year...

Cuda in Norway

Reaction score
Welcome!! What part of Norway? My wife and I travel to Norway every other year, since 1992.. Have family there and ventured all over from north to south, east to west.. Love the country.. We were planning our normal trip there this year in the summer( love the winters) but got shut down, hoping next year we can travel again. Hoping Norwegian Air survives, as they would only give me a points refund.. Either way we plan on going there for a few weeks next year...

Hello. Nice that you appreciate visiting Norway. I live in Halden, a small town only 10 minutes drive from the Swedish border. In Halden, there is a large environment around "amcar" cars. Every year a large car meeting is arranged in Halden, in recent years the meeting has taken place over several days with small brand meetings along the way. Then the week ends with a big hit with all the different brands. The name of the car meeting is "Grensetreffet". Cars come here from the Nordic countries.
We can only hope that Covid 19 does not put a stop to all travel to and from the USA next year. My youngest daughter should actually have gone to school in the US this semester, but due to Covid 19 this was canceled.

CNUMB

Reaction score
Hello. Nice that you appreciate visiting Norway. I live in Halden, a small town only 10 minutes drive from the Swedish border. In Halden, there is a large environment around "amcar" cars. Every year a large car meeting is arranged in Halden, in recent years the meeting has taken place over several days with small brand meetings along the way. Then the week ends with a big hit with all the different brands. The name of the car meeting is "Grensetreffet". Cars come here from the Nordic countries.
We can only hope that Covid 19 does not put a stop to all travel to and from the USA next year. My youngest daughter should actually have gone to school in the US this semester, but due to Covid 19 this was canceled.
You have a very nice looking cuda!! Had to google that show in Halden.. Looks like a great turnout in the past years!! May have to check that out some year...
I hope all clears up so we can travel.. We have family in Harestua, Minnesund, and Otta.. We planned on going to that new restaurant called "Under" down by Mandel this past summer, maybe next year along with the trip to Senja and Kirkenes, Still trying to get a view of those northern lights..

Culvers

Reaction score
Welcome from Germany :welcome:

Are the options original (shaker, billboards, rubber bumpers, spoiler)?

Cuda in Norway

Reaction score
Welcome from Germany :welcome:

Are the options original (shaker, billboards, rubber bumpers, spoiler)?

Hello. The car was imported from the USA in 2013 without a Fender tag. So which option it originally came with is difficult to determine. That is one of the reasons why I chose to buy this, and not a V code Cuda without the original engine that I considered. Then I can just state that I do not have a matching number car, and then build the car the way I want to get it. But it was imported with the equipment that is on it now. I have only replaced parts that were wrong, and bought small parts that were missing. New complete exhaust system, some painting ++

Back