• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

moparlee

Reaction score
What do you guys use for decoding? I have a couple books that have some information but not all. And what does special handling car mean?It looks like I’ve had the wrong idea about this car for a while. I had thought this car was a bronze color, and if I’m reading the build sheet right the sunroof was a factory option, I was thinking the sunroof was aftermarket. And I just assumed the top was always black. The interior I knew was a lighter color but it was so old I thought it was just tan or something.
Here is one decoder.
MyMopar.com - 1969-1971 Mopar Option Codes

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the sunroof is the special order item.

M51 on the build sheet. This would have gone out to a separate shop to have the sunroof installed.

Really, this is quite a rare gem. Very unusual color combo to go with the sunroof. Quite difficult to find if looking for an m51 car.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
This is what I use. Except this link is for the 72-74 platform. There doesn't seem to be a 69-70 book for sale right now.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
A fella over on ebodies.org named alan has restored something like 7 of these. He might have or know of parts your after if it is not complete. Sunroof parts are far and few between and in the relatively small mopar community you might have to contact some of the "restorers" to find stuff.

Steve’s 71

Reaction score
Thank you guys for all of this information. I think this just changed my plans for the build. I was originally planning on keeping it yellow, black top, black interior and some pretty significant suspension upgrades and new wheels, since I was thinking “this is just a basic 318 car”, but now I feel compelled to bring it back to its roots, minus the 318, my 383 will stay.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I definitely agree with you. This one really does deserve a restoration back to it's original looks. This thing will be sharp!!
Funny how that will happen sometime with cars. Plans change quickly.

Back