• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Steve’s 71

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m new to the forum. I have a 71 Challenger i am fixing up. I’ve had this car since I was 15-16 and now I’m 35. However this car has been sitting mostly untouched for the last 10ish years. I’m just getting to a point in my life where I can get back into this thing again. It is originally a 318 car but when I got it, it had a 383(and still does). Any way I’ll will probably have some questions coming up soon so you will be hearing from me. Thank you in advance

Steve’s 71

Reaction score
A couple photos

1B137609-ED30-4917-8547-32A229D918FE.jpeg

10213468-253D-4AAD-A972-73BD37BD6416.jpeg

moparlee

Reaction score
Hi Steve and welcome to the site from Michigan!
Looks like a pretty nice solid car. What are your plans?
I see it has the '71 R/T quarter louvers and the interior panels look to be set up for power windows. Do you have a fender tag or build sheet?

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas Steve!
Very nice project! Looks like some neat options from here. Look forward to your progress. Glad you’re on the site!

Steve’s 71

Reaction score
Thank you, unfortunately I do not have a fender tag, as the inner fenders have been replaced after I was hit by a truck. As an 18 year old kid I didn’t even know there was a fender tag not to mention how much information you could get from it. It does have power windows. My plans for right now are just get it driving again since I had a whole bunch of this car ripped apart years ago and I have to remember how things go back together. I just finished putting an American auto wire harness in it and it is now running again for the first time in 10 years. The car is obviously not all original but I am planning on keeping it factory looking on the outside and just upgrading things like suspension and brakes.

Adam

Reaction score
Nice car! Tip: store the hood on it’s side, less chance of damaging the ends. Also, save that Midland-Ross power brake booster, it’s a one year only thing and replacements are very expensive...

Last edited:

Steve’s 71

Reaction score
Thank you, I did not know that about the booster, I will not be throwing anything away anymore. If it comes off the car it will just be stored no matter the condition.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
That is awesome! Huge item for your car! Now you know everything about it and can have a fender tag correctly reproduced!
And that build sheet adds some value to your car as well.
I've yet to find a build sheet in an ebody!
copy that build sheet and put a copy in each seat when you reupholster the seats. Maybe throw one behind the glove box also. Hopefully never to be lost again!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
This car is a special handling car. Can anyone tell me what designates the "special handling" on the build sheet? Would it be the Plymouth paint code on a dodge?

It appears that the GW3 paint code is a plymouth,chrysler,imperial color designation and I can't find a dodge GW3 name.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
This car would be a sweet car restored back to original. GW3 Snow White with a V1Y gold vinyl top and an H6Y3 light gold interior! Man this would have been a looker.
Not a huge fan of white exterior but I feel the white exterior paint makes the colored interiors and colored vinyl tops just look great! Clean looking car. I'd be honored to rock this sweet ride!

Anyone out there have a reference picture of this color combination?

Steve’s 71

Reaction score
What do you guys use for decoding? I have a couple books that have some information but not all. And what does special handling car mean?It looks like I’ve had the wrong idea about this car for a while. I had thought this car was a bronze color, and if I’m reading the build sheet right the sunroof was a factory option, I was thinking the sunroof was aftermarket. And I just assumed the top was always black. The interior I knew was a lighter color but it was so old I thought it was just tan or something.

Back