• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New wheels are here, and mocked up

DrEamer

Reaction score
Details on the four link? Commercial or home-grown? I am strongly considering a four link for my car.
I'm going with the Gerst/QA1 setup. I looked at the RMS street Lynx as well, but the customer support that I was getting from QA1 just while I was doing research alone made the difference for me.

DrEamer

Reaction score
I will tell you, I’m a Michelin fan on our family cars/SUV’s. Most have held up very well.
My late boss had a restomod 70cuda (supercharged 6.1) and insisted we change from Nitto n55’s (if memory serves) to Michelin pilot. I can tell you the the ride was good cruising but, zero traction when moderately accelerating. I really like Michelin tires but. too slick on this car. Just sharing.
Thanks for the info, but do you remember by chance with Michelin Pilot series they used? There are quite a few different tread patterns and compounds under the Pilot banner. I'm considering all season varieties over summer tires which tend to need higher temperatures before getting good grip.

fasjac

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, but do you remember by chance with Michelin Pilot series they used? There are quite a few different tread patterns and compounds under the Pilot banner. I'm considering all season varieties over summer tires which tend to need higher temperatures before getting good grip.
I’ll see if I can find some pics.

fasjac

Reaction score
I’ll see if I can find some pics.
I don’t know if there’s a way to enhance or enlarge enough to see the it. MXV4 comes to mind but, don’t go by that. I run them on my wife’s corvette and they perform great for a run flat.

Attachments

• A8ACACAC-3D3C-4F76-9AF0-3C78E99CDBEB.png
    A8ACACAC-3D3C-4F76-9AF0-3C78E99CDBEB.png
    480.6 KB · Views: 143

gzig5

Reaction score
I ran Michelin Pilot Super Sport on my 425hp 2000 BMW M5 in 275-35-18 size and they were fantastic. Excellent road holding, straight line and wet grip, and the general ride was really smooth. I wouldn't hesitate to run them on my Cuda if they come in the size I need. They aren't cheap but you get your money's worth out of them.

DrEamer

Reaction score
I actually stopped by Discount Tire today since I was in the area and they had the size I wanted in stock for me to get measurements off of. I talked to the manager for awhile which was helpful since he has ran several brands personally. His input was that the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 was a great tire for ride and performance, plus the type of weather we have here in the Pacific Northwest. I'll have to say they are the leading choice at this point.

Attachments

• 20220314_121042.jpg
    20220314_121042.jpg
    727.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 20220314_121050.jpg
    20220314_121050.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 118

gzig5

Reaction score
The AS4 is probably a good all around choice. My friend just put them on his 2020 Mustang GT and is really happy with them, even in the snow.

i_taz

Reaction score
Wow, I have not heard the Denman name much since I left the tire business in the mid 90's. We sold their off road tires, most notably the Ground Hawg. I think other companies started making better tires, not to mention radials, and they did not adapt. Sadly it looks like the went under in 2010.
No, My M/T's were radials. I only knew them as a contractor manufacture. They also made the Cepek's which were part of M/T, I believe...

Back