• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New wheels and tires on the 72 cuda

hsb shadow

Reaction score
I decided not to use the Magnum 500 rims as I have on the 73 cuda and put the original date coded steel wheels back on. They were sandblasted and painted and I think they have a very nice look. I need to get some new dog dish caps

IMG_20240112_165950943.jpg

hsb shadow

Reaction score
It's going to be slow progress on the cougar for the next few months. I just finished my excursion rocker panels and cab corners and I've got major body work to do on the old Blazer. Lol

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
I decided not to use the Magnum 500 rims as I have on the 73 cuda and put the original date coded steel wheels back on. They were sandblasted and painted and I think they have a very nice look. I need to get some new dog dish caps

View attachment 117931
I kinda like the steelies and dog dish hubcap look.
My person preference was a cop car wheel with the dog dish hubcaps, but I wanted a little more width and a 15in wheel (with the slots...)

hsb shadow

Reaction score
No sorry I got a couple three threads that I started over the last 12 months and used them as updates the car is now nearing completion. It was a total basket case when it was started a little over 3 years ago

hsb shadow

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive comments and support. Now I've got to go on to the dreaded door and quarter glass installation

Xcudame

Reaction score
It's not too bad if you have the shop manual! Having sausage fingers and big forearms, I make sure everything is new/great shape in the doors! Don't like going into doors more than I have to. I look like I came out on the losing end of a wild cat fight!

BTW, you have a nice Cuda!

hsb shadow

Reaction score
Thanks I do have a 1973 shop manual. I just had bad memories for my last car which is a 67 RS SS Camaro with electric windows and I had 26 hours in getting quarter vent glass and door windows to line up. Absolute nightmare

hsb shadow

Reaction score
I know it's a little off topic but I'm splitting my time between the cuda and I'm building a 78 Blazer to run my grandkids around in the summer and we're doing major surgery this weekend. Lol

IMG_20240119_162511391.jpg

fasjac

Reaction score
I like those too. The Mopar version is really cool. Got several friends that have em. One buddy even uses the Chevy seats with the plaid upholstery. Looks good.

IMG_2932.png

hsb shadow

Reaction score
You don't know how hard I looked for a good trail duster or ram charger but living in Ohio they were rusted far worse than the comparable Chevy's or Fords. The Plymouth trail duster was my first choice

fasjac

Reaction score
You don't know how hard I looked for a good trail duster or ram charger but living in Ohio they were rusted far worse than the comparable Chevy's or Fords. The Plymouth trail duster was my first choice
I sure get it. They seem to plentiful for both around Arkansas. And, on the cheap !

hdwrench

Reaction score
I kinda like the steelies and dog dish hubcap look.
My person preference was a cop car wheel with the dog dish hubcaps, but I wanted a little more width and a 15in wheel (with the slots...)
thinking the same , i have a set too . i’m thinking of getting them powder coated . there’s a color called “ almost chrome “ that looks like a polished alum when done …..now i have to decide with or without the dog dish …..

hsb shadow

Reaction score
For me and the color I've got on my car The dog dish really makes it

Back