• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

No start with napa coil

Cuddy

Reaction score
Any body out there seen this. My 71 challenger will only run with the orange ignition box and the ecklin (napa) coil it I bought with. I bought a rev-n-ator and when I installed it the car wouldn't start. I've also had this problem with a mancini orange box and a petronix coil. As always any help would be appreciated

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
Any body out there seen this. My 71 challenger will only run with the orange ignition box and the ecklin (napa) coil it I bought with. I bought a rev-n-ator and when I installed it the car wouldn't start. I've also had this problem with a mancini orange box and a petronix coil. As always any help would be appreciated
Have you bypassed the ballast resistor? Some coils require an external resistor and many aftermarket ones don't. One of the benefits of running aftermarket coils is you can bypass the BR to give the coil the full 12v.

Cuddy

Reaction score
The replacement coil was from rev-n-ator which has its own ballast resistor. The other ignition box and coils were Mopar electronic and still use the ballast resistor

Back