• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Numbers Matching Cuda...?

MIKESonMOPAR

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Hey Everyone,

After purchasing my first classic MOPAR, '73 Cuda 340. I took it to a local restoration shop to have it looked at after I drove it almost 1300 miles home. The guys at the shop are replacing some gaskets, oil pan, tank, headers and some other minor stuff to keep me on the road. The car is a nice driver quaility and I just need it to be that, a driver. However the restoration shop guys stated that it is an all original, numbers matching engine, 4 speed trans, and rear end.

My question is...What does this mean to me?
They said its a perfect canidate for total restoration but what would make it worth that?
Is it worth more money how it is now? Its not the origal color inside or out but is still in nice shape.
Any and all info on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Mike

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Alot depends on what all the original equipment is but having all of the original drivetrain in place is a great thing for any classic car but especially a Mopar! Post up some pics and provide some details and we will be able to help you out even more.

Cranky

Reaction score
The way prices are right now, the car will cost way more to restore than it'll be worth after the restoration. If you can do it yourself, then you may be ahead of the curve but having to pay someone else to do the work will push it well over the value of the car once it's done. Ask for a quote and than add about 15% to it. If it were a 70-71, then the car would bring more...

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The way prices are right now, the car will cost way more to restore than it'll be worth after the restoration. If you can do it yourself, then you may be ahead of the curve but having to pay someone else to do the work will push it well over the value of the car once it's done. Ask for a quote and than add about 15% to it. If it were a 70-71, then the car would bring more...
To make the car concours that is always the case. I think he just wants a nice looking car. Which may mean new paint, carpet, upholstry kit, etc. You can do a lot of this yourself. A numbers matching car is more desirable and more valuable because it still has the original factory marked parts. Unless you plan on hammering the original motor I would leave the car the way it is and bring the car up to the condition you want it to be. Here is a pic of where you will find the body numbers. The engine has part of the VIN on the block in the front just below the head on the drivers side. The transmission will have the numbers on a pad on the right side. Post some pics of the car.

Number location.jpg

MIKESonMOPAR

Reaction score
Thanks guys, yeah I'm not looking to have a show car. I just want to keep it looking good and running great. Here are some pics. The vin says it should be white with blue interrior...dont think I have the coin to change it back. I like the AAR tribute look anyways

DSCF4272.jpg

DSCF4274.jpg

DSCF4275.jpg

DSCF4278.jpg

DSCF4277.jpg

DSCF4273.jpg

DSCF4280.jpg

DSCF4279.jpg

DSCF4282.jpg

DSCF4286.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Looks real good. Do you know where the water came into the trunk?

MIKESonMOPAR

Reaction score
yeah, looks as though the trunk seal is not working. I noticed that a tiny bit of water was leaking at the bottom of the rear window and from the trunk seal when I gave it a wash after the drive home. What could make the seal not stop the water?

Back