• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

$ of red tuff wheel?

barbee6043

Reaction score
What would be considered a fair cost of a RED Mopar Tuff wheel, with red center and adaptorn, in excellent condition. Just fair $, not an idiot FeeBay figure.

NoCar340

Reaction score
With the adapter ring and horn button, all in perfect shape, I'd guess somewhere between $150-$250 since it's basically a Cordoba/Mirada part. Red Tuff wheels and padded horn buttons didn't appear until the late 1970s. The later red is much darker than muscle-era red interiors.

Before you drop any money check the splines on the adapter and make sure you can use it. The adapter for a standard column is different than the one for tilt; Chrysler's tilt columns were made by Saginaw (GM) and used a different steering-wheel spline count.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I paid 400 for a perfect red tuff wheel about 3 years ago. These red wheels do not come up for sale very often at all. If you have found one and need a red one, you had probably better buy it. I thought it was from a 71 A body.

barbee6043

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Itis actually a wheel I purchaed maybe 4 years ago but never used. I had it for a Volare RR I have had a bunch of E bodies bak in late 80's and early 90's and none since. I know an E body red interor or anything back then was highly unusual. I had a 68 GTX with red (maroon/red) interior.
I asked this because I wanted to sell it. I don't want to wrong anyone or do I want to be wronged or screwed. I know aythng is worth whatever, but just want it to find a good home for a fair and not giveaway nor silly high $ either! I really don't care to advertise it to the F body crowd, although a great group of Mopar enthusiasts, I have never seen a more stingy or conservative bunch! I sold myy last 2 F bodies FINALLY other day, and it was such a darn struggle to sell off a couple of nice cars very cheap!
I will advertise it here and on FABO as it would suit an A body build also, Heck with Feebay.
Thanks for the comments and some pics here,

Attachments

• IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    376.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    930.9 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    334.9 KB · Views: 123

barbee6043

Reaction score
Could also be from a truck. If the adapter does not have an indexed spline then it is a truck adapter.
Splied adaptor, good shape I have no idea what model this came from. I bought it several years ago and sold the car and never installed it.

Back