• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Oil pressure gauge

Jonny

Reaction score
My oil pressure gauge is at zero when off and full when grounded but measures 1/4th when key is on without starting the car. Rallye gauges and new can style sending unit. Thoughts? Thx

fasjac

Reaction score
How’s the amp/volt gauge looking when the key is on? I’ve seen that gauge make weird things happen when not working right. Just a thought.

Robert Franke

Reaction score
Assuming what you ment was 0 key off and quarter and pegged when sender wire grounded with key on.. I would do a resistance ck on the sender wire..and the ground ckt to the guage

volunteer

Reaction score
Most factory electronic gauges with only L or H markings were comparable to 40 - 60 - 80 - 100. With engine cold, start it then notice needle position at Cold fast-idle, warm fast-idle (above 2000) and then warm curb idle (for lowest value). If not happy, suggest install good manual gauge (although a nuisance to remove sending unit by dist.) Do similar test and compare values. Most of the large 'can-style' sending units have a max. pressure value stamped on hex - ie: 80, 100 - but this feature no effect on static gauge reading (engine off and key on).

Back