• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Old ProCar seats worth reupholstering?

KVB

Reaction score
Or should I purchase another new set? I realize the original back seat is worth it, these old aftermarket seats….are they even repairable?

I have no idea what the cost is to reupholster a seat, but they function fine and I had cheap seat covers over them, but they are breaking down. I’m just wondering before I go talk to a local shop.

Thanks for any advice/guidance.

-Kevin

79415F22-D0FA-4D2F-A7FC-1321B7472C4C.jpeg
CCA83BF9-C9D5-41DB-BACB-46A81FA756BA.jpeg9A25F411-5EFE-42AC-BA4F-D3D904BCEC47.jpeg580A84F2-34C5-41EC-9777-C1796787A0CF.jpeg8DA9A8F0-E6C0-4265-8307-50B350E2532E.jpeg

FY1TopBanana

Reaction score
Procar rally have been around about 10 years; I didn't think you could trash a pair of pretty sturdy seats like that.
Depending on your local market prices you should be able to get a local trim shop to recover and repair foam on them for less than new. You would also get to pick your material.
I havent looked in awhile but the rallys new have to be around 400.
Note: You will also be able to save if you pull the covers yourself and if able to do simple foam splice and repair save several hours. Give the pulled covers to a shop and reinstall yourself. Not difficult - you just need a real warm day to set out the covers to get them warm and pliable. Harbor freight sells the hog ring pliers and rings for install.

KVB

Reaction score
Procar rally have been around about 10 years; I didn't think you could trash a pair of pretty sturdy seats like that.
Depending on your local market prices you should be able to get a local trim shop to recover and repair foam on them for less than new. You would also get to pick your material.
I havent looked in awhile but the rallys new have to be around 400.
Note: You will also be able to save if you pull the covers yourself and if able to do simple foam splice and repair save several hours. Give the pulled covers to a shop and reinstall yourself. Not difficult - you just need a real warm day to set out the covers to get them warm and pliable. Harbor freight sells the hog ring pliers and rings for install.
The back seat I could probably manage, and thank you for the reference to the pliers and rings. Warming up covers seems to be a common theme from what I've read, and will do so when I tackle the project.

These front seats are a mess : )

I didn't know ProCar seats were newly established company <12 years. I thought for sure these seats were from the 80s-90s.

I did look at online Procar replacements and found similar seats for around $450 each, plus tax, plus freight. I'm probably looking at $1300 for new seats....or maybe 500 to redo?

FY1TopBanana

Reaction score
The back seat I could probably manage, and thank you for the reference to the pliers and rings. Warming up covers seems to be a common theme from what I've read, and will do so when I tackle the project.

These front seats are a mess : )

I didn't know ProCar seats were newly established company <12 years. I thought for sure these seats were from the 80s-90s.

I did look at online Procar replacements and found similar seats for around $450 each, plus tax, plus freight. I'm probably looking at $1300 for new seats....or maybe 500 to redo?
Scat is the company that either developed or bought the Procar line, Scat has been around for prob 50 years, I have your same rally seats in my Demon that I bought in 2011 and they were relatively new

Demon interior 1.jpg

Back