• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

OPINION on 71 challenger on ebay

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Looks like a damn nice car and I'm thinking you certainly couldn't restore one for the asking price.

tommie69

Reaction score
I agree! I live in NY , far cry fro Cali. Does anyone on this forum live nearby this car? I would like to have it checked out. Or can someone tell me a company that I can call and pay to have the car checked out? I wont buy a car site unseen, and I don't have time to take off and see the car. Not within 5 days of this auction!

moparleo

Reaction score
Boys and girls, $25,000. is not the asking price. It is the starting price and does not meet the minimum reserve price. $42,500 is the buy it now price. His real price is somewhere between those 2 figures and I will bet is much closer to $40 grand than it is to $25 grand.

Bill

Reaction score
I will have around $30,000 (parts and car only) into my 73 non numbers matching Challenger (driver) by the time I am finished with it doing almost all of the work myself. My car spent it's life in New England (AKA "rustbelt"). You being from New York I would think that a car that spent it's life in the South West is worth $10k right off the bat. One thing I learned after restoring my car is never, never, never, never buy a project car that has spent it's life in this region. What metal is there is very thin. I would say that even at $40k this is a very good "value" if the car is as good as it "looks" and it does look awesome. I would ask for customer reference from this moparmountain place. Just my opinion. Good luck and keep in mind... "You only live once".

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Boys and girls, $25,000. is not the asking price. It is the starting price and does not meet the minimum reserve price. $42,500 is the buy it now price. His real price is somewhere between those 2 figures and I will bet is much closer to $40 grand than it is to $25 grand.
I knew that when I posted.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
$40,000 is more than the market for this car even though, as Bill pointed out, it probably cost that or more than that to make it the car it is.

tommie69

Reaction score
thanks for your reply back. I didn't think for 1 second that this car would sell for under 40k. I looked up mountainmopars and he has the car for sale on there for 49k. Which means to me anyway that he has the car for sale a while now? maybe?? I haven't asked him any question yet and I am not a fan of buying someones car "done" already. Just don't know what could be under the paint! ?But to be honest I never owned a Ebody , so I don't really know what its worth. I do agree you cant build this car for that much. I have done full restoration on 5 cars so far and know it takes about 35 to 40 to restore one the way I do them anyway! I am hoping someone on here lives by and can give us their opinion on the car or someone who has seen it already. I really want a 71 cuda but 71 challengers are my next favorite. Any help is appreciated. thx Tom

tommie69

Reaction score
I will have around $30,000 (parts and car only) into my 73 non numbers matching Challenger (driver) by the time I am finished with it doing almost all of the work myself. My car spent it's life in New England (AKA "rustbelt"). You being from New York I would think that a car that spent it's life in the South West is worth $10k right off the bat. One thing I learned after restoring my car is never, never, never, never buy a project car that has spent it's life in this region. What metal is there is very thin. I would say that even at $40k this is a very good "value" if the car is as good as it "looks" and it does look awesome. I would ask for customer reference from this moparmountain place. Just my opinion. Good luck and keep in mind... "You only live once".

I don't even know that this car was a California car ? The fender tag says it was built in Michigan. Could it still be a Cali car?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Yes. California built cars make their way east and Detroit built cars make their way west, it's not uncommon.

moparleo

Reaction score
The car is in a town with a population of 2000 people. It is located in the middle of no where. I think Porterville was the closest major city to it. 200-300 miles north from L. A. Also not a good feedback percentage as noted by original poster..

Bill

Reaction score
I guess one advantage of restoring yourself is you know what you got.

tommie69

Reaction score
I guess one advantage of restoring yourself is you know what you got.

I also do love restoring them! I never bought a car that was done! This is a pretty car ! The bad feedback was for selling a charger. That's not good. looks like his pos feedback is only as a buyer!

Back