• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Opinions Please - Trade a B for E body?

carsnguitars

Reaction score
So looking at maybe trading my 68 b body for a 71 barracuda.
68 - nice original interior, 383 replaced with a 440, does run and drive.
Needs patch in both lower quarters, and dent in passenger fender.
It has original paint all faded, vynal top is removed. Is a very solid car runs and drives as is, needs some body n paint to be very nice.
71 base model cuda - what I been told: body is solid but ill need new trunk, has grill valance park lamps head light buckets tailights good cuda hood, lots of part with it.
Interior okay shape needs help. No drive train but he throw in a J headed 360 with 340 intake (I do have a 71 no vin 440 motor ready to go).
I know 71's are desired, but still thinking I would need to get more in the deal, since this is clearly a project car.
Here is a pic of barracuda....So what you guys think?

71 cuda.jpg

74 challenger

Reaction score
Nice car but what is the b-body? Charger? is the barracuda a big block? The real question is will you be happy with the trade? The b-body is a bb car so there is value to the car, is the b-body a 4 speed,options? If the b-body is running and needs only body and paint i think it would cost less to finish it then the barracuda. Just dont wake up the next morning asking yourself why did I trade my car. I hope you the best of luck in this problem. I just last year went from a 69 charger bb to a 74 challenger sb.It was a tough decision.

carsnguitars

Reaction score
thanks for your input, especially since you did the bb charger to e body trade...but yeah its a charger auto.
It is hard....I guess I know when I see it....type thing..

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Make sure the grille is all there and good. 71 grilles are not cheap. I would find some pics of good ones and print or memorize them to compare to the one with this car. Without seeing either car in person, I am guessing it is pretty much an even trade. The E is general is worth more than the B. The B is big block which makes it more valuable and pretty equal in value to a 71 318 car. The BB B may even be worth a little more to some people. It will come down to what car do you want or what is the most inexpensive car to restore. You could do a spread sheet on both cars restoration costs to help decide. I have done that many times. I'd get rid of that hood scoop and build a nice 71 shaker hood Cuda.

carsnguitars

Reaction score
Thats good idea. I can look at a car and determine work involved, but you brought up a good point on the parts. I think thats probably key, what parts are there vs missing.
I know some parts are way more than other and would add to cost of restore.
Like the grill you mentioned. I have to take good inventory of parts to see whats missing cost wise.

Back