• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Opinions Wanted on Reproduction 70-71 Hemi Valve Covers

STEVEN DEMASI

Reaction score
Hello, i have found a set of new reproduction 70-71 Hemi valve covers for sale. they are NOT Mopar Performance. I believe they were made by New York Restomod / Yesterday's Muscle Cars. Has anyone ever dealt with these or know of anyone who has. I am trying to determine if they are a quality product or not, and if i should purchase them or continue the hunt for a set of used ones.
Thanks for the help

Steve
N1409-2.jpg

jimofordr351

Reaction score
Steve I purchased a set of the Mopar OEM covers nos and they didn't fit my valve train the exhaust rockers just kissed the covers and I got a slight tat tat tat what a pisser so I had to buy another set from New York resto mod, let me give you a tip buy them from New York resto mod they were on ebay but I got them from a famed motor builder he bought them of ebay and charged me an extra 400$ for them. Kind of a chit deal but that's life the New York repops
fit perfect no leaks the only thing different the oil fill cap on the repop is at 1 and 7 o'clock when tight and the OEM the cap is at 3 and 9 o'clock when tight. Cheers JimO

STEVEN DEMASI

Reaction score
Steve I purchased a set of the Mopar OEM covers nos and they didn't fit my valve train the exhaust rockers just kissed the covers and I got a slight tat tat tat what a pisser so I had to buy another set from New York resto mod, let me give you a tip buy them from New York resto mod they were on ebay but I got them from a famed motor builder he bought them of ebay and charged me an extra 400$ for them. Kind of a chit deal but that's life the New York repops
fit perfect no leaks the only thing different the oil fill cap on the repop is at 1 and 7 o'clock when tight and the OEM the cap is at 3 and 9 o'clock when tight. Cheers JimO

Thanks for the info, its very useful., do you buy chance have a picture of them? all i have ever scene is the photo above, just wandering what they look like in real life....

jimofordr351

Reaction score
Steve the covers on the car are the NY covers the oem's are the other two pictures the picture with my fingers is the NY cover at that point the NY covers are just a bit taller then the oem's the last 6 pictures are the NY covers not sure if you can get them I was told the set I got were the last ones. Any questions you can call me. Thanks Jim 408-640-0744

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

STEVEN DEMASI

Reaction score
Steve the covers on the car are the NY covers the oem's are the other two pictures the picture with my fingers is the NY cover at that point the NY covers are just a bit taller then the oem's the last 6 pictures are the NY covers not sure if you can get them I was told the set I got were the last ones. Any questions you can call me. Thanks Jim 408-640-0744

View attachment 69519

View attachment 69520

View attachment 69521

View attachment 69522

View attachment 69523

View attachment 69524

View attachment 69525

View attachment 69526

Thank you again for all the information and pics. extremely helpful. i may give you a call once i determine if the set i found is actually available. If its not, just out of curiosity what did you do with your Mopar Set, are you looking to sell?? I have found a couple of the Mopar sets on line, but they are around $700 plus shipping.

jimofordr351

Reaction score
Steve I just sold my Mopar set to a guy in Finland I found them on Ebay for 800$ with shipping and sold them for the same. What's the problem with yours?? Cheers JimO

STEVEN DEMASI

Reaction score
Jim Nothing wrong with the ones i have, i was fortunate enough to buy my first muscle car this fall, and it just happened to be my dream car a 71 hemi cuda clone, that i found at a price i couldnt pass up. It has a 426 crate engine in it, with the 66-69 style valve covers. I am just looking for the new ones for aesthetics. i like the look of the 70-71 a lot better and its right for the car.

Just out of curiosity are you Gassser on Ebay. i was watching a pair that recently sold and they are still in my watched items. Just wandering how small a world it is...

jimofordr351

Reaction score
Steve very nice,, they were the oem covers I did get them from gasser I have an extra set of the NY covers that we can talk about if you’re interested.
Thanks Jim 408-640-0744

madslacks

Reaction score
Jim,
I just purchased a 71 Cuda and also I have the issue where my rockers are hitting the covers. I would be interested in your NY covers if you still have them.

If not do you know where I might be able to purchase them?

Back