• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Organosol Black ppg DCC 9355 tips and tricks

C O D Y

Reaction score
Here's some tips and tricks that should help just about anyone get perfect results with PPG's DCC 9355 Organosol Black paint. Everything is spelled out in the video, but below is the paint mix. TRUST ME, you'll want to watch the videos to get all the tips and tricks to make it easy to get fantastic results.

Cuda Cody's Organosol mix
PPG DCC 9355 = 230.1 grams (about 8 oz)
*DT885 = 146.1 grams (about 6 oz) see video for temp changes
DCX61 = 73.2 grams (about 2 oz)
DX685 = 12.4 grams (about 1/4 oz)
DX1999 = 6.1 grams (about 1/8 oz)

Part 1

Part 2

Consider doing two spray outs. One with the mix I list in the video and one without any DX685. That way you can see the difference between the two. You might find you like one of those spray outs or you might want to go right in the middle of the two. Do your spray outs on LARGE test panels over the exact sealer / primer you will be using (epoxy is what I suggest). Please remember that different paint guns and application speed / technique can slightly change the end results, but using the Bullet setting with Dust Circles and standing about 42" to 48" back should net you some really nice results. Play around with it until you get the finished look you like.

Good luck.

~Cuda Cody

Back