• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD Original paint shaker hood springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEJJ

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Original paint shaker hood springs...............sold

Thanks

716-997-0070

[email protected]

shaker hood springs.jpg

shaker hood springs..jpg

shaker hood springs...jpg

Last edited:

larry4406

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt know there was a difference between a shaker hood spring and a normal hood spring ....
Same here. I only know of the different springs for TA/AAR fiberglass hoods. So I am in for the details on this one.

tonysrt

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find different spring #'s for shaker hood, just for the fiberglass one. I did add a shaker hood to my 71 Cuda and I think the regular spring is too strong. With the hole for the shaker the hood strength is reduced and a weaker spring might be necessary. When I close the hood seems to put a lot of pressure at the hinge mount on the hood. Might have been a secret factory change if hoods where bending at the hinge point. Could you measure that spring and I'll compare it to the spring I have on my car.

tonysrt

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My spring with hood open is about 10 1/2" and I count 19 coils. I count 23 coils on your spring.

tonysrt

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hooks are 2" from coil body, so it seems that yours is actually a shorter spring. But in the end what the shaker hood needs is a weaker spring.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all your help and I would buy them but unfortunately I do not think they would work
I think the longer spring would eliminate the preload on the spring tension and the hood would want too close
thanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back