• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

overdrive fitment

Reaction score
I want to put the 5.2 and automatic from a 98 ram into my 74 cuda. Car had no drive train. I don't want to cut the hump. Can I lower the k frame 1 or 2 inches and trans mount the same? I can make a new floor brace if needed. What problems will this cause with steering and suspension.First mopar i've had since 1979. Thanks

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Things to consider.Steering shaft angle might need the most work,check pinion angle. drive shaft length.fan shroud. shifter linkage.transmission lines. minimal work. ride height torsion bar.

Last edited:
Reaction score
46re trans. I'm only worried about the suspension geometry. Are there longer k=member bolts available?

Reaction score
All the youtubers are cutting the tunnel and rebracing. I don't cut up special cars. Only minimal rust repairs.

moparleo

Reaction score
A 74 Cuda is not generally considered a "special car".
Only recently is the market finally going up on the post 72 cars because the prices on the 70-71 are too high.
Top pricing is always for original cars with performance engines and 4 speeds. 360 about it in 74.
318 truck engines and trans not so much a performance engine.
Here are some problems with your intended swap:

5.2 Magnum Archives - Tuning Pro - Automotive Performance & Tuning Guides

Reaction score
Thanks . I'm aware of values . Real deal Cuda with factory 318 is special to many. Hipo or not. I'm a mustang guy. I own nummatch 2 cobra jet cars . A fast back and convertible. Are the kmember bolts for the 74 road runner longer since they use rubber cushions on the kmember bolts?

Back