• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Pentastar type and location

challboy728

Reaction score
Can anyone provide a definitive answer for the location dimensions and color (gold or silver) of a pentastar on an e-body fender. I installed an OEM fender on a '70 Challenger - no mounting holes for the pentastar. (The original fender was rusted out so I bought a replacement from Chrysler approx. 45 years ago (yeah, I've had it that long)) I have done a search and found varying answers. I saw the post with pictures that shows the location 12" down from body line, 7" over from rear of fender. I have a '71 fender, and the 7" agrees but the pentastar is located approx 11 1/2" down. Also saw posts stating other dimensions. Anyone have paperwork that shows factory dimensions?
Saw posts stating that most cars had gold pentastars. I have 2 silver ones, one of them on the '71 fender. Apparently, both colors were used. What determined if the car got a gold or silver pentastar?
Sorry if this post is redundant, but, as you can see, I am finding conflicting information.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Rt_Lt Location.jpg
Up_Dn Location.jpg

Back