• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Pic request TQ assorted linkages and throttle cable.

zeus

Reaction score
Hello. I finished the TQ rebuild a bit ago, but saw on someone else's thread a pic how the throttle cable is attached. Could I get a close up pic of how it's attached? Mine didn't come using the u shaped metal bracket and I always wondered how it correctly used that U shaped bracket. Also, I'm missing some of the little TQ linkages. Could I also get a close up pic of the TQ on both sides to see what I'm missing? Thank you very much! - Colin

P.S. My '73 cuda project has come to a standstill mostly. I got the interior gutted and dash out. I had to finish a motor swap on my wife's car (2003 tiburon) and some serious backyard work.

moparleo

Reaction score
the Thermoquad rebuild help thread had the picures of the carb on both sides and a picture of the linkage and springs from the service manual. How about a picture if what you have?

zeus

Reaction score
I think there was a response saying he had the springs wrong. I was hoping to see what the springs look like when correct. Mine doesn't even have that sliding adjustment bracket (blue in color). Mine just has the thottle cable attachment, and a counter spring attached to a bracket that's bolted further up on the manifold. Can get pics later... You're right though, his linkages are all there. I will just use those pics. So they all look right in his pics then?

I didn't even notice the second page until you mentioned it though. I like your (moparleo) diagram pic. With a 4speed I have no linkages for the kickdown, correct?

Ps. supposed I should've just jumped his thread, but I hate doing that :(

Last edited:

Cuda360

Reaction score
I'm taking mine to a restoration shop this weekend to fix what I likely messed up. When I get it back I'll get a picture of how it should really look.

Last edited:
Back