• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Pipes and Tips for my 440

Go Fast! 86

Reaction score
I have a 73 Challenger with a 440, no pipes. She's getting paint now but she'll need some pipes when she's ready. I want her to sound deep and full, not too loud tho. Don't want the police attention. I'm leaning towards 3" pipes with the old square tips. My buddy swears by Magnaflows. What are you guys running? What kind of sound do you get? Thanks in advance. Budget $700-$850.

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
Have a look on Pypes website, they do a pr of square exhaust tips that are very, very close to factory but only just over 100 bucks on Summits site, nice, ordered a pr for my Chally over here in England :)

Ray

Reaction score
They don't look good for long. You get what you pay for.

71Plym

Reaction score
For my Cuda, I went with Hooker Super Comps, 3" TTI x-pipe, Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers and tips.
Picture012.jpg

IMG_0342-1.jpg

Go Fast! 86

Reaction score
Sorry fellas. I have headers. I'm looking for a header back system. I'm not sure the diameter but my buddy says to go with 2 1/2". I've checked out a few sites and read thru some reviews where some complain about fitment. I'm looking at a TTI system but gzus there's expensive. And they require me to buy a reverse linkage rod or something. Not sure I wanna shell out $1000+. I dig the dynomax super turbos tho.

71Plym

Reaction score
This is something I've been wanting. Any issues with the pipes fitting clean?

If you are asking about the fitment of the TTI exhaust on my Cuda, there were no problems. I installed the exhaust system by myself in my garage with the car on jack stands. No cutting, no massaging, no hammering. Just fit as you see in the photos above.
There are other (cheaper) kits available, such as those from Summit and Jegs, but based on some buddies' experiences you can expect to massage/modify the pieces to fit your application.

Back