• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Piston TDC

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
The domes of the stock 10.5:1 pistons in the 340 are sticking about .028 outside the deck at TDC. Is that close to stock or was my block decked? If I don't use a really thick head gasket and/or shim, these things will hit the Edelbrock RPM Performer aluminum heads. Anyone had experience with this and the remedy? Oh, stock full floating rods and stock forged crank. The problem is when I bought the car, the engine was already disassembled and not sure if this ran with all these particular pieces in it or if someone already started collecting new/used parts.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Okay, just talked to a local mopar guru and come to find out there are two different Edelbrock heads available for the 340 and I have the wrong set. I obviously need the set that has an extended chamber to capture the full piston dome. Thought I'd pass it on. So, I will now sell these aluminum heads. I'll post them for sale here first, along with the adjustable rockers & shafts from a 273.

moparleo

Reaction score
Edelbrock mopar head i.d.

Here you go Juan.
More stuff for the scrap books guys.​

eddy340heads.jpg

340cr.jpg

Last edited:

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
moparleo, let me know if you got my response to your PM, not sure I did it correctly. Thanks for the head info above!

As soon as these sell, I'll buy a new set for the 10.5:1's. I figure Summit has the best prices, anyone recommend someone else?

Back