• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Power steering gearbox dribbling fluid

marklfarkl

Reaction score
Just discovered my power steering gearbox is leaking. Rebuild or replace?

[video]https://youtu.be/AhESCKozhqE[/video]

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Hotchkiss seems to make some of the most impressive upgrades without re-engineering the whole suspension system

AUSTA

Reaction score
Be careful with some of the rebuilt units the ones i got was sloppier than the original ended up going with Firm Feel stage 3 with fast ratio pitman & idler arm Excellent hold the road line really well ,they sent the wrong pitman arm there is a difference some have a larger shaft
They sent a small sector pitman arm free of charge

marklfarkl

Reaction score
Hotchkiss seems to make some of the most impressive upgrades without re-engineering the whole suspension system
This looks like a great kit. $3100 is outside of my budget though... :icon_frown:

Be careful with some of the rebuilt units the ones i got was sloppier than the original ended up going with Firm Feel stage 3 with fast ratio pitman & idler arm Excellent hold the road line really well ,they sent the wrong pitman arm there is a difference some have a larger shaft
They sent a small sector pitman arm free of charge
Went with this unit from Summit. Fingers crossed that it's not a sloppy one.

dongei

Reaction score
I have fixed these before for a $8.00 seal kit. It's easy, spin the notched collar off the ring comes out then pull out the center with the o-ring then reverse the process.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Rebuilt one on the weekend done some measuring on the reaction washers a normal box is .060" cop box .090" & a stage 3 box .19" tried 2 x .090" (.18")on each side ended up a tad lighter than the stage 3.

Back