• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Production Numbers 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6 Dana .60 4 Speed

xerxes600rr

Reaction score
Hey guys, ok this may have been covered before, but I'm trying to find out how many cars were produced w/ the options that I have on my car.

I own a 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, Dana .60 4.10, HD 4 speed, power assist disc brakes, power steering, Dark metallic green, vinyl top for a few options. There has to be a way somewhere. I see Welbys have access to the information, they always break it down to options and models. I can't find anything online.

The last breakdown was about 1,650ish and that was R/T 440+6. How can I break this down more?

Also, any one know where I can turn to for a build sheet or anything for my car?

Thank you in advance guys.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
No one knows how many were built what way. The only thing that can be done is to say this many are known to exist that were built this way. Your car has pretty common options (most of which are manditory with the 440 6 pack) for 6 pack cars.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The 1,640 number is for all V - code hardtops, it can be further broken down to 847 4 spd cars but that's the best you're going to do. Galen Govier is holding on to several hundred build sheets that people have sent him over the years and several years ago now all the vins were published in the Mopar Collectors Giude over a half a dozen or more issues. I think Hamtramck Historical website has a found build sheet page as well on their site.

xerxes600rr

Reaction score
The 1,640 number is for all V - code hardtops, it can be further broken down to 847 4 spd cars but that's the best you're going to do. Galen Govier is holding on to several hundred build sheets that people have sent him over the years and several years ago now all the vins were published in the Mopar Collectors Giude over a half a dozen or more issues. I think Hamtramck Historical website has a found build sheet page as well on their site.

Do u have the link for the production break down? I had it a couple years ago and can't find it anywhere now.

Thank u guys. I'll look into the build sheet info.

Back