• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

QA1 Star Stockers mounting issues. Another headache!

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Got these QA1 non adjustables as an upgrade for my challenger and of course, I can't just simply replace my old ones with these without scratching my head for a while so I have to ask if anyone has mounted these and how you may have solved this issue or any suggestions on what I can do. The shock has a very thin sleeve in the bushing which is slightly shorter than the bushing itself I called the tech support and they seem to have no clue as to why they don't interchange but as the pics show, the bushing is way too short to compress on the stud and the original cup washers don't take up the slack either. All I can come up with is shimming it with flat washers, which will take 3-4 or more to compress the bushing only and the sleeve slides thru the washer itself. Nothing like spending several hundred dollars to find out aftermarket crap don't work. I hate rigging stuff to make up for unnecessary fitment issues. These are the correct shocks for the car so now I'm stuck figuring this out when it's like a 20 minute job turning into another day with no real solution. Hope someone can help.
Thanks!

IMG_20230308_194749716_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230308_194815155_HDR.jpg

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Ok everyone. For the record, after wasting many hours and researching this issue, the lower plate has to be drilled out and you have to buy qa1 7888-108 shock mount bolt. Why couldn't the qa1 tech just tell me that? Apparently because they don't know.
Worse than trying to find rear sway bar end links. Most suppliers don't have any. Research the measurements and order accordingly. That's the new world ordering policy's. Figure it out yourself lol!

Hope this thread can help someone else.

heminut

Reaction score
Ok everyone. For the record, after wasting many hours and researching this issue, the lower plate has to be drilled out and you have to buy qa1 7888-108 shock mount bolt.
If that is what is required for the application the bolts should have been included with the shocks. I hate buying aftermarket stuff and then having to buy more stuff from the same company to make their other stuff work. I tend to avoid companies who do that! Just sayin!

hpjunke

Reaction score
I’ve had the same issue with these garbage shocks , It has all kinds of play and they are too long for my application . I called and of course they are dumbfounded , so i think i’ll ditch those and go with viking

841A946E-8177-42C6-ABCD-03F3C182AEA3.jpeg

5FC8754E-2FDE-4476-B292-C0FCB79A15DA.jpeg

Back