• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Question about sunroof car with no fender tag no build sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrispyK74

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey everyone,
im going to be looking at another challenger today. The car has a sunroof and a couple other options but no fender tag and no build-sheet. Should I stay away from it, or is there a way to tell if it's original (more specifically the sun roof). Or is there a data base that can tell what cars came with sunroofs. Any help would be great

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you looking at it from an investment point of view or do you want a sunroof ? Is this a project car or a driver ? Take good close up pics inside and out and post them for us to see.

Doing a little research only the 70 and 71 had that option. All sunroof cars came with a vinyl top also.
M51 was the power option and M52 was the manual option.

Last edited:

Gribb

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They only built 52 in 71 with a sunroof. I found one, it was triple black, with a six cylinder and every other option i've ever seen. including a luggage rack. just sitting and wasting away. I hate those kind of finds.

CrispyK74

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a project that has an assortment of options, with very few parts missing. Vehicle was running before being disassembled. I'll be posting pics, is there anything specific I can look for to ensure that it's a real sunroof car, and I would like an honest opinion regarding both as an investment and I do want a sunroof challenger

Avalanche

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without the fender tag or build sheet, there is no way of telling for sure if it came with the sunroof originally.
It does hurt the value to an investor. That being said, if you like the car and that's what you want, go for it.
Not having a fender tag dosent bother me since I like to add better brakes and suspention to the car and make it more driveable.

CrispyK74

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late post but the owner flaked on me. Im disappointed I couldn't see the car but it is what it is. Still on the hunt and thanks for the replies.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Usually, the M51 or M52 is not listed on the fender tag.

It typically takes the build sheet to have actual proof that it was an original sunroof car.

Keep looking, they are hard to find. Cuda's came with sunroof's in 72 only, that's what I have been looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back