• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rear Bumper Quality

fc7crazydave

Reaction score
70 Challenger

Anyone know where I can get a show (not necessarily concourse) quality rear bumper. Ordered front and back set from popular large supplier. Front was gorgeous, rear was very wavy. After discussions with vendor and their supplier with I was told that was the best I will get from a production bumper. The problem I have is that I would have a sweet front matched with a mediocre rear bumper. Retentive, I know, but its warranted for this car.

Any advice on where I can get nice replacement rear bumper, or anyone have experience with quality rechromers.

Please advise

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I don`t suppose you could name the source for your bumpers is it AMD? I was thinking of re-chroming mine but the price I got of around $500-$600 per bumper is more than I am willing to spend.
I can get a set from AMD for under $600 for a set. So I am now considering this option instead I would not need show quality either. If you have any photos showing how wavy the rear bumper I would like to see them. Maybe you just got a dud and there not all like that will they exchange it for you?

There is a chrome shop near me (NU-CHROME). They did not give me the price I mentioned above, but they have such horrible reviews about their I would not trust them with my parts. So unless your a gambling man I would avoid them!

Avalanche

Reaction score
I got a front bumper from keystone and it looks great.
Got a rear bumper from AMD and the first one came with missing chrome finish, but the 2nd one was ok.
Not as good as keystone.

burdar

Reaction score
Call Dave at Rosevillemoparts.com and talke to him. He sells Keystone bumpers. They should be a lot nicer then the AMD's.

Moparparts

Reaction score
Check with AIH in Dubuque Iowa very nice show chrome with transferable lifetime warranty but not cheap

burdar

Reaction score
Almost $600 for a rear bumper rechrome at AIH.

Back