• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rear Sway Bar Necessary

money pit

Reaction score
I installed a Hellwig front sway bar on my 70 Barracuda. It seems to handle well. Is a rear sway bar necessary? I was watching Road Kill Garage when they were working on the vanishing paint challenger. They said you should have both a front and rear sway bar. Did Challengers and Cudas have both front and rear sway bars? Thanks

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Both the Rts and the TA I had.had both front and rear.

20062012_2303.JPG

moparroy

Reaction score
You can feel the difference / effectiveness of a rear sway bar in corners - I would recommend unless you are doing a concourse resto and it did not have one.
When I test drove my 2010 Charger daily driver I thought it was soft in the corners - realized after that it was one level below the rear sway bar option so I had the dealer install one. My previous daily driver was a '95 Intrepid - it had one - and that was my reference for the Charger test.

AUSTA

Reaction score
I know my TA is much flatter through the corners with one

money pit

Reaction score
You can feel the difference / effectiveness of a rear sway bar in corners - I would recommend unless you are doing a concourse resto and it did not have one.
When I test drove my 2010 Charger daily driver I thought it was soft in the corners - realized after that it was one level below the rear sway bar option so I had the dealer install one. My previous daily driver was a '95 Intrepid - it had one - and that was my reference for the Charger test.
Not a restoration, a daily driver. Thanks

Max Wedge

Reaction score
Factory rear bar was a def improvement on mine.

I got it to clear the TTI 3" pipes too. Close tho'.

moparroy

Reaction score
Is this a factory sway bar? Thanks
That looks the same as the factory one on my '74 - not sure about diameter but the shape and mounts are same as mine were originally. I modified the bushing mounts as the original factory ones were not designed to be serviceable and I wanted to put on new bushings

Back