• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rear Valance install

1973CudaKJH

Reaction score
Rear Valance installation. Do I need to bend the quarter panel upwards to match the rear valance on the Cuda? Sorry about poor picture. The quarter panel is on right and valance is on the left. Looks like if I bent the quarter panel 90 degrees everything would match up.
Thanks for help.

IMG_0952 (1).jpg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I'm going to guess you installed a new 1/4. I removed my rear valance and remembered I had to tweak it a little for a better fit,even though it was original.

hdwrench

Reaction score
i’m doing the same deal now . new everything, as in your pic the tab on the valance has to be matched to the quarter, and yes we has to tweek them to make match …

1973CudaKJH

Reaction score
Thanks, I just took the doors and fenders off, put back on rotisserie to seam seal and paint underneath. I also doing the tweeking of rear quarters to get valance to fit while accessibility is easy (onside).

Hopefully, ready to set body on Schwartz chassis soon. Been slowed down by rain in Houston, TX area. My work shed is too small to maneuver much, so I need to roll body outside often. Will send to custom shop for final paint and body. I'm not skilled enough in painting and panel/door gaps to finish properly.

Cuda1.jpg

Hellcat1.JPEG

hdwrench

Reaction score
wow , you got a big project goin on ! i’m not far behind, on top of body repair , complete interior refurb and 318 to 383 conversions all new brakes n suspension! yep we be busy ….

moparroy

Reaction score
i’m doing the same deal now . new everything, as in your pic the tab on the valance has to be matched to the quarter, and yes we has to tweek them to make match …
I had new quarter skins but the valence was a touched up original (from another car) - my tweaking was mostly on the quarter and yes it needed a good bit

Back