• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

replacement A-Pillars

xzevious

Reaction score
Hi all does anybody know where I can get replacement A-pillars for my 73 challenger they are getting soft any help is appreciated, do they even make replacements? or do I have to fabricate something? thanks

mguner

Reaction score
There are a couple of places that sell them; Year One and The Paddock and possibly Legendary. They are also on E-bay...

mguner

Reaction score
Hi all does anybody know where I can get replacement A-pillars for my 73 challenger they are getting soft any help is appreciated, do they even make replacements? or do I have to fabricate something? thanks

Ok the "getting soft" doesn't seem to apply to metal structures in my tiny brain. I'm not sure who sells those but there are several cottage industries making formed metal components for these old cars. Might do a dogpile search and see what pops up...

beepahh

Reaction score
salvage yard in morrisville pa has 2 donar cars there i have seen them....cut them out .....have fun

TNCUDA70

Reaction score
xzevious, what did you end up doing? Have you thought of an entire roof and pillars? I have the same problem, but need whole top and pillars as front of roof where channel for windshield is completely rusted away - does anyone sell windshield frame from cowl to cowl?

xzevious

Reaction score
My windshield channels are good some holes but I will fabricate patches and weld them in my drivers side a-pillar skin is F'ed so i need to replace that i have rot on roof bracing near quarter where water sat and rotted it out Ill need to fabricate that also and where my drip channel was welded to framing above door , can you fab metal? thats your best bet and weld it in you may be able to find a roof but it will cost you about 2000 clams +shipping, I already checked it out. i just decided to do my own work its cheaper. Rob

IMG_1688.jpg

moparandy

Reaction score
You might check with AMD (all metal direct I think) and Good Mark industries. They are making more and more sheet metal parts all the time. I know they make roof skins for cudas but not sure on challengers. Roof skins for cudas are I think between 500-600 dollars. The shop I use has used several of them and say they are good quality.

70challengerdane

Reaction score
rather late to this thread but for others who may be interested, i did a related operation on mine, cut the a pillars half way up and did a complete roof/back window frame/ roof structure job and then patched the bottom half of the a pillars.. i have a few pictures of it in my album if anyones interested in inspiration.. it can be done haha

xzevious

Reaction score
rather late to this thread but for others who may be interested, i did a related operation on mine, cut the a pillars half way up and did a complete roof/back window frame/ roof structure job and then patched the bottom half of the a pillars.. i have a few pictures of it in my album if anyones interested in inspiration.. it can be done haha
I actually repaired all the understructure metal in the rear just the outer skins are shot on the a pillars amd sells the a pillar skins and roof so I ll go that route thanks for the pics.

Back