• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Replacement Horn

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
The horns on my 72 Challenger are toast. I need a recommendation for replacement that is LOUD. I don't want to spend the money for reproduction OE style. Thanks guys.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Why not rebuild your own. I used Mike Ross's method to rebuild an old Spartan horn.

EV2RTSE

Reaction score

BSG

Reaction score
I put late model Ford Explorer horns on mine. They don't look stock but don't look like they don't belong either. ebay or the wrecking yard they are every where just make sure you cut the pigtail so you have a clean install.

Katfish

Reaction score
Any chance you have a pic?
I put late model Ford Explorer horns on mine. They don't look stock but don't look like they don't belong either. ebay or the wrecking yard they are every where just make sure you cut the pigtail so you have a clean install.

BSG

Reaction score
Any chance you have a pic?
Its on a stacker out back in the garage. Maybe from the bottom There's a crap ass duster underneath it that hates a cold start for whatever reason "6cyl." I have no intention of doing anything but yanking out. I'll see what I can do. They come on one bracket and were a breeze to install.

BSG

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay this is the best I could do with it up on stacker. Excuse the wiring I was try to get everything ready for the power tour trip to Vegas so it was rushed.

IMG_3220.jpeg

IMG_3219.jpeg

IMG_3215.jpeg

IMG_3214.jpeg

IMG_3213.jpeg

Katfish

Reaction score
Thx for the pics, any idea on what year I should be looking for?
That bracket is from the Ford too? Just unbolt that and grab the wiring harness?
May be headed to the JY next month.

BSG

Reaction score
Thx for the pics, any idea on what year I should be looking for?
That bracket is from the Ford too? Just unbolt that and grab the wiring harness?
May be headed to the JY next month.
Yes it comes as an assy I would look on ebay as those are off of like 2015 up any ford product. I got mine for $47 from lkq group. Came complete with 2 horns and the bracket as well as the pigtail. I work in the collision industry so I get to see a bunch of modern things like these horns that to the purest it would be sac religious. I've always been a function guy over oe so this was any easy adaption. I'm all but sure any ford built after 2012 or so would have a similar if not exact set up. I just checked ebay $25.00 for the exact horns i have. The fF150's are probably everywhere at a pick a part they are the same.

Katfish

Reaction score
Great info, thx!
My car is a mishmash of parts, so I'm always looking for an upgrade.

Back