• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

resources in northern New England??

Crossram413

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I've got my interior pretty well restored, and the 72 340 is running nicely, so I'm thinking about having the amateurish paint job redone. The is some rust coming through in a few of the usual spots due to similar quality body work which would be a part of the project.
Two basic areas of questions:

1-What should a decent non-show paint job cost (assuming no body work needed), and being almost all labor, how do body and paint shops estimate the job? And if I had a vinyl top Put back on, guesstimates on reasonable labor cost for that work?

2-Any body/paint shops in Maine or New Hampshire folks have had good experience with? I'm in the Portland area.

Doug

SFEbody

Reaction score
No body work? Every paint requires sanding, filler and primer, then more of the same. Basic price can be on the low end $10K up to $25K. Depends on home much disassembling you do and the level of detail you expect.

Crossram413

Reaction score
I did not mean there would be no body work. I am trying to separate the jobs. So yes sand, filler, primer, paint, but not including sheet metal replacement which I would do myself. 10K for a decent job?
Being from LA I assume you don't know a lot of shops in Maine??

SFEbody

Reaction score
You’re right sorry I was just giving you a generic ballpark number. No unfortunately I can’t help you on the East Coast. But I’m sure there’s a lot of guys again. I’d post something in the general forum people to give you some info

1972CudaV21

Reaction score
If you have skills, guys have pulled off impressive paint jobs in their home garage for 10% of the costs that are mentioned.

mmissile

Reaction score
Good paint on a straight car alone....10K. All other work just escalates the job, enormously. Materials are going up, daily. A friend just paid 4K for average materials.

Back