• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Right angle filter leak

Litchkar

Reaction score
I just rebuilt my 340, and I am having leaking issues with the adapter at the block. I changed the gasket set, and it was not leaking. After going around the block, it is leaking onto the exhaust pipe. This is the second gasket change on it, and I can not figure out why it starts leaking. I did install a MP high volume pump during the rebuild, and it has close to 80 psi when cold. The motor only has 30 minutes on it. Any thoughts?

Litchkar

Reaction score
The outer edge, is the angle of the filter critical? I ordered a new gasket and center bolt from Mancini Racing.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
There is a gasket under the filter plate that connects to the block. This is the plate that you see with holes in it when the adapter is off. Can you go without the angle adapter?

AUSTA

Reaction score
I have 80psi and have a slight leak found a small piece of gasket material on the large ring seat cleaned replaced gasket
Also found a pinhole in the oil filter from when i give the engine a good bump when lining up.
It still leaked slightly ended tightening center bolt with large wrench hasn't leaked since

Back