• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rod's 71 Barracuda Resto-driver

rklein71

Reaction score
Just ordered quarters and a trunk floor. Also have some epoxy primer and QA1 tubular upper control arms (needed a purchase to get free shipping from Summit racing.

I am going to get 1.03 PST torsion bars, stiffening plates for the lower control arms, US Tools chassis stiffening kit, and eventually a bigger sway bar. Plan on doing a reverse steering rack and pinion as well.

Rod

rklein71

Reaction score
Went to the local junkyard and picked up a the front half section of the drivers side inner fender. My car has rust from the battery. Looks like I will be doing some fitup and welding in the next couple of days.

rklein71

Reaction score
Rear Quarter Clamped On

IMG_2719.jpgIMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

rklein71

Reaction score
Quarters Fit up

Worked on fit-up of my quarters today. Real close to screwing it all down for final placement. Then it all comes off so I can weld in the floor, extensions, one outer wheel house, quarters, and deck filler. Yee haw! IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

rklein71

Reaction score
It has been a long time since I posted, so here is a picture to show how she looks today.
New rear quarters, trunk floor, trunk floor bracing, trunk floor extensions, rear pass floor pan, four speed hump, pass outer rear wheelhouse, trunk lock bracket, trunk drip rails, rear deck filler panel, numerous patches. All rust work done. All rust basically from rain getting in, frame rails and rockers solid.
Has a US Cartools chassis stiffening kit, 4 wheel discs, tubular upper control arms, boxed lowers, 1 1/8 front sway bar, 1.03 PST torsion bars.

IMG_3711.JPG

rklein71

Reaction score
Nice 65 degree day here in Amarillo in December, love it. Sprayed epoxy primer in the trunk and on rear quarters. Rod

IMG_3719.JPG

IMG_3720.JPG

IMG_3721.JPG

Back