• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Roof Support Brace Difference between Challenger and Barracuda?

gzig5

Reaction score
Can someone describe what if any difference there is between the center brace that is used on a Challenger and a Barracuda? The only new parts I have been able to find are listed for Challenger and come as part of a three piece kit, front/center/rear. Makes sense that the front or rear would be differnent because of the shapes of the roof or windows. My car is missing that center support that goes across at about the back edge of the door would be due to an aftermarket sunroof install. I was hoping that I could make the available "Challenger" center part work on my Barracuda. Anyone familiar with any difference in this part for the two cars?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have not done this but I believe the Challenger roof is wider so it may be possible to shorten the brace to fit the Cuda

gzig5

Reaction score
I have not done this but I believe the Challenger roof is wider so it may be possible to shorten the brace to fit the Cuda
That would be great. I'd rather tweak one than build up from scratch. Once the headliner is in, I'll be the only one who knows.

Back