• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rust Mort vs. Krud Kutter Concrete Etcher

rklein71

Reaction score
So I did some research and found a chemist that said Krud Kutter Concrete Etcher was basically the same as SEM Rust Mort, and considerably cheaper. I tried the concrete etcher on my 71 Barracuda and was not that impressed. Bought some Rust Mort off Ebay for 25 bucks (quart). It is considerably stronger and immediately starting to turn my surface rust into a nice black oxide layer.

Experiment over - Rust Mort wins.

reborn73

Reaction score
Have you tried Evaporust? its $22 per gallon Says it works in hours, but the longer you leave it the better.

rklein71

Reaction score
Have you tried Evaporust? its $22 per gallon Says it works in hours, but the longer you leave it the better.

Have not tried that. Have a lot of Rust Mort to use.

I am going to try my hand at rust removal by electrolysis in the next week or so.

Rod

reborn73

Reaction score
I didn' take any before and after pictures. However the results that I got matched their demos and promo videos and commercials. It takes the metal back to new. IF it is pitted, it still removes all the rust. The stubborn stuff can take up to a week of soaking though but it's just like new afterwards.

Back