• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

scam scam scam

BSG

Reaction score
I've been buying parts for all my cars for years Chevy Mopar and I've only been ripped one time and it was off of this site. Don't get me wrong, I've spent thousands on parts from the honest decent guys on this forum. About this time last year I posted that I needed a couple fenders for my 71 and a guy hit me up sent some pics of a couple of pics that appeared to be a couple of old but unused fenders and price was 1200.00. Fast forward in the end I screwed out of $800.00. So as many of you have seen me trolling for interior trim for that same car lately and I have paid for and received all kind of good stuff. Then the other day a guy hits me up on one of my WTB threads and tells me to call karen or whatever name he told me at 773-998-2587 that he has bought a couple parts and "they came in mint" so I give her a text of stuff I'm looking for and she starts giving prices and sending pictures etc. So we get to the point that its a little over a grand and she wants me to Zella her. So now I get a bit suspicious as some of the words in her texts just don't look or feel right and I get this feeling of I'm about to get F##$5ed. So I slow the deal down ask for some specific pics and want to split it up to $400 for some trim pieces and and after I get that we can move on with the bigger ticket items etc. Then I get the "after we make a deal I'll go to my husbands shop and send some pictures" and "Ill just send you everything and you can pay the balance when you get it but I need $800". Now my Bulls*** meter is on high alert defcom 4 etc. So I google the phone number after looking for the member that referred her that thread has been deleted and since being ripped off last year, I pay attention to things like how long someone has been a member etc. The guy was a recent member a month or so and again cant find that conversation or figure out how it got deleted etc. so back to my google search of the phone # 773-998-2587 and instant scam scam scam. One of the links took me to a conversation on a Grand National site where they were ripping people off there. so just a warning we are being trolled. You guys on this site are the best I wish we could line these guys up and do what needs to be done ton thieves! Here is the hook I found it on another forum pelican parts " WTB posts to contact Rebecca at 773-998-2587 and the parts will come in top condition" As you can see we don't talk like that "top Condition etc."

Last edited:

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Old scam, be careful.
1A3B5575-5727-4513-8524-D9ECB347D3AA.jpeg
41B733CC-83C0-452C-A82E-866433BC22DA.png

BuckeyeCuda

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this warning information. It is only through honest members alerting others that these low life scum can be sent somewhere where they will not prey on decent people...

hankchallenger

Reaction score
Yep ol Rebecca tried to get me on my post for a 71 challenger grille in the WTB classifieds. I shut it down real quick and sent them a nasty gram. Man I would love to spit some
Beachnut in that dude’s eye!

One of few

Reaction score
Members here have been a wealth of information - better than having a service manual in some cases.

I lost all incentive to work on my car after being ripped off and scammed face to face twice, by a so called “custom shop” here in Michigan, I feel your agony from these insulting incidents. I’m just now regaining my interest in putting it together.

This recession is just now getting started - so please be careful.

ph23vo

Reaction score
I've been buying parts for all my cars for years Chevy Mopar and I've only been ripped one time and it was off of this site. Don't get me wrong, I've spent thousands on parts from the honest decent guys on this forum. About this time last year I posted that I needed a couple fenders for my 71 and a guy hit me up sent some pics of a couple of pics that appeared to be a couple of old but unused fenders and price was 1200.00. Fast forward in the end I screwed out of $800.00. So as many of you have seen me trolling for interior trim for that same car lately and I have paid for and received all kind of good stuff. Then the other day a guy hits me up on one of my WTB threads and tells me to call karen or whatever name he told me at 773-998-2587 that he has bought a couple parts and "they came in mint" so I give her a text of stuff I'm looking for and she starts giving prices and sending pictures etc. So we get to the point that its a little over a grand and she wants me to Zella her. So now I get a bit suspicious as some of the words in her texts just don't look or feel right and I get this feeling of I'm about to get F##$5ed. So I slow the deal down ask for some specific pics and want to split it up to $400 for some trim pieces and and after I get that we can move on with the bigger ticket items etc. Then I get the "after we make a deal I'll go to my husbands shop and send some pictures" and "Ill just send you everything and you can pay the balance when you get it but I need $800". Now my Bulls*** meter is on high alert defcom 4 etc. So I google the phone number after looking for the member that referred her that thread has been deleted and since being ripped off last year, I pay attention to things like how long someone has been a member etc. The guy was a recent member a month or so and again cant find that conversation or figure out how it got deleted etc. so back to my google search of the phone # 773-998-2587 and instant scam scam scam. One of the links took me to a conversation on a Grand National site where they were ripping people off there. so just a warning we are being trolled. You guys on this site are the best I wish we could line these guys up and do what needs to be done ton thieves! Here is the hook I found it on another forum pelican parts " WTB posts to contact Rebecca at 773-998-2587 and the parts will come in top condition" As you can see we don't talk like that "top Condition etc."
THEY TRIED THE SAME ON ME...HAD ANOTHER GUY SAYING HE HAD DONE A DEAL WITH THEM AND IT WAS GREAT.. GUY WAS A MEMBER FOR ONLY A SHORT TIME.. I ASKED FOR MORE PICS AND THEY WENT SILENT...SO I KNEW.. ...AND IF SOMEONE YOU DON'T KNOW STEERS YOU TO SOMEONE YOU DON'T KNOW SAYING THEY DID A GOOD DEAL..ITS ALMOST 100% A SCAM.. MEMBER OR NOT..

BSG

Reaction score
THEY TRIED THE SAME ON ME...HAD ANOTHER GUY SAYING HE HAD DONE A DEAL WITH THEM AND IT WAS GREAT.. GUY WAS A MEMBER FOR ONLY A SHORT TIME.. I ASKED FOR MORE PICS AND THEY WENT SILENT...SO I KNEW.. ...AND IF SOMEONE YOU DON'T KNOW STEERS YOU TO SOMEONE YOU DON'T KNOW SAYING THEY DID A GOOD DEAL..ITS ALMOST 100% A SCAM.. MEMBER OR NOT..
As the majority of us are older guys, just enjoying our craft of restoration or straight building of cars, they take advantage of the brotherhood that our culture has created. Back in the day You would have to look out for that one in a couple hundred that was just looking to sell you his junk npart for top dollar now it pros looking to take you for a grand at a time. These guys need a solid beat down! Thanks for the advise. That was the first thing that drew my attention. Even on this site rarely does someone post "hit this guy up he has what u need" kind of thing.

Back