• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

scheduled production date ?

johnstoybox

Reaction score
So after further cleaning on the front of the cross member i did find the date code .
Must be the 290th day of 1969 1st shift .

Attachments

• 344C91DB-57A9-4CF8-AD44-AA54082C713B.jpeg
    344C91DB-57A9-4CF8-AD44-AA54082C713B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 117

ctaarman

Reaction score
Guys, great thread. Does anyone know how to determine which dealership originally took delivery of an Ebody? I do have the original build sheet.

benguin

Reaction score
This post inspired me to check out my k-frame, which I had never done. Mine is 2949 2 at Hamtramck. Just a day after your Challenger! I haven't found a build sheet for my car yet either, but did find two that were not for mine but had the same black leather seats.

Appreciate your post and historical journey information! @340challconvert @johnstoybox

benguin

Reaction score
Have you listed those vin numbers in case any of us looking for our build sheets might need them? I'm looking for JS23V0B211303
Yep- got the VINs up on several places- these are Nov 1969 Hamtramck Barracuda builds BH23G0B's, Gran Coupes with black leather buckets - 1 Rallye Red and one Tor Red.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Guys, great thread. Does anyone know how to determine which dealership originally took delivery of an Ebody? I do have the original build sheet.
You would need either the owner history, the factory window sticker, or a dealer invoice (sales receipt) to determine the selling dealer.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Since I record the data for the A66 Registry cars on Facebook, I have SPD’s for many cars. I record serial #’s, order #’s, for both E & B 340 Challengers when available.

I start to see patterns when I record the data by SN’s chronologically regardless of production plant. Members are encouraged to fill out registration forms which gives me the best data.

I should add a data column for the k frame date to the recorded spreadsheets when members fill out registration. It would be interesting to see SPD vs k frame dates. K frames installs are at the end the the installation cycle.

I only track the A66 cars. Larger registries that record a wider swath of e bodies; it would be great to see a larger pool of data to compare numbers. 🤓

Last edited:

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
I have to come to the realization that much of the information that has been uncovered about the production of our cars is kept "close-hold" by those that have the information. The Mopar guru, and most of you know who that is, gathered information for decades from multiple sources, including owners, and then withheld that information in his database, many times for a profit. The info has value to the hobby but is not available for a variety of reasons. As we all know, there are unscrupulous sellers out there that use some of this detailed information to deceive buyers about a particular car. That is the sad fact that keeps most registry info and "numbers" detail off the Internet-search radar.
That being said, I am grateful to everyone in the hobby with genuine interest about knowing the 5 W's for our E-bodies and attempts to help others know more about their specific car. Maybe one day, all of the data can be put out on the ole Interwebs without the scammers ruining it for the enthusiasts. We can only hope.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Because of a few who profit on deception, a lot of the information about these cars is hidden.
You must be speaking of the Galen guy or the Barry dude.

So much info out there. At least we have these forums so those of us who did not grow up with these cars can learn some of the info.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Since I record the data for the A66 Registry cars on Facebook, I have SPD’s for many cars. I record serial #’s, order #’s, for both E & B 340 Challengers when available.

I start to see patterns when I record the data by SN’s chronologically regardless of production plant. Members are encouraged to fill out registration forms which gives me the best data.

I should add a data column for the k frame date to the recorded spreadsheets when members fill out registration. It would be interesting to see SPD vs k frame dates. K frames installs are at the end the the installation cycle.

I only track the A66 cars. Larger registries that record a wider swath of e bodies; it would be great to see a larger pool of data to compare numbers. 🤓

Have you made the date codes on the registered cars public? Or is that hidden information also?

340challconvert

Reaction score
My thought on this is that being formally recorded in any Registry affords a certain amount of protection for the owner. Recording owners of cars with specific information and documents shows proof of ownership and also allows ownership to be documented and tracked. In some cases, when I have enough accurate data, I can show a history of the car and location. It allows me to track a car, and information that could be valuable to someone seeking to purchase a certain Challenger or looking for the history or sales of a car.

I will never monetize the information and do it for the benefit of A66 owners and for my own personal interest. It takes a lot of work and personal time to maintain just the A66 Registry in itself.
If anyone has specific questions or need info on a certain car, I would be glad to aggregate info about data from the registry.

I acknowledge that scammers are always out there and certain information needs to be protected. I am careful of what I share and it is sad that we have to worry about being scammed.

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Have you made the date codes on the registered cars public? Or is that hidden information also?

Date codes by themselves, would not be confidential. What is interesting are the date codes in relation to serial numbers and order numbers against specific plant production.

The earliest SPD in the A66 Registry is an HOE car with a 9/29 date and SN starting with 108.
(Keep in mind that the A66 package was a late production decision and they did not become "formally" available until mid October 1969.)
The earliest A66 HOB car is dated 9/22 w a SN starting with 130, with heavy Hamtramck production in October, November and December.

Early serial numbers 108 though about 129 was all HOE (as per the A66 cars in Registry) September through December.

I wonder if this statistical data would hold up against all e body production?

340challconvert

Reaction score
Another interesting note; October was a prolific production month for A66 Challengers.
The ones in the A66 Registry Hamtramck cars start with SN 152 and go to SN 173 with dates ranging from A06 to A29.

A66 LA cars start with SN 108 and go to SN 116 for October ranging from A01 to A31 Halloween.

Back