• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Side Exhaust on my 73?

Go Fast! 86

Reaction score
Will the side exhausts from the '70 T/A's fit my '73 base SE Challenger? I don't know if this matters but my '73 has a 440 4 barrel...

burdar

Reaction score
The T/A system is designed to hook up to a 340 with specific exhaust manifolds. It will not dirrectly bolt up to a big block. You can however use the T/A mufflers, tips and hangers. You'll just have to have some custom head pipes bent. Any competent exhaust shop should be able to do that for you.

Just so you know...there was no SE model in 73. The only model was just a standard Challenger.(JH23)

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I agree , the T/A mufflers a very small for a 440 though , there is a couple of companies making reverse flow mufflers in bigger sizes , you will have to dig for them though , , the tips need to be bigger as well

Go Fast! 86

Reaction score
Thanks, ya'll. I appreciate every bit of knowledge you lend. Bought the car about 2 months ago. Needs paint and want to get the exhaust done like the T/A. I'm thinking about an upgrade on the suspension also. Any suggestions? It will be built to be pro street...

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
What kind of suspension upgrade ? front or rear or both , rebuilt stock or aftermarket tubular K frame , 4 link , ladder bar ?

Back