• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Small tow hitch for challenger?

Mopar Mitch

Reaction score
I'm considering ideas to have a small (class 1) tow hitch for my 70 Challenger. I'd intend to use it for towing one of those small HarborFreight type of trailers (approx 42"x48" bed) to haul my 4 road race/autocross Hoosier A6 competition tires, etc.... basically for a day's event... about 5-7x per year. Anyone have any pics or ideas of something? I'd want it to be as un-noticable as possible, not big or bulky... thinking of having a custom-made hitch that would attach to the bumper inside the license plate area... could also be relatively easily removable for shows, etc.... or maybe a frame-hung light-weight hitch (again, trying not to be heavy or big or very noticable, perhaps easily detachable).

I used to have a factory class 2 hitch on my 73 Chally.. durable but a little too big and bulky. (I miss my full-size trailer and tow-vehicle... hope to get that setup again in ~5 years, maybe longer if ever again.) I'm ultimately planning to get back into the "competitive-season series championship" scene of autocross.. leaning more towards the hi-speed road course events with a well-established club that I've joined.... they have me as their "Pace Car' for their wheel-to-wheel road races (usually on a Sunday), and they hold hi-speed autocross usually on Saturday).

T/Anks ahead for any ideas.

Ray

Reaction score
Have you checked with the local U Haul in your area.

Back