• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Source for vapor barrier adhesive

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
Oh yes, I am well aware and I’m going to check out some white caulk strips today after I’m done putting this 389 back together

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
I am either going to use my standard 3M strip caulk that I’ve called monkey **** for 40 years or I’m gonna find some white strip caulking somewhere and use that. I just haven’t pick any up just yet

PGio

Reaction score
I tried the rope caulk from home depot and it wouldn't hold the barrier. It's not very sticky and is similar to plumbers putty.
As Mopar Jack said, the caulk from the box stores is not very sticky. Possible to heat it up slightly and see if it gets stickier before it cools back down. Might work.
Otherwise do like Mopar Jack said and get the kit from Performance Car Graphics. At $65 it is pricey for plastic film and some bonding ribbon, BUT, it is precut with holes where needed and the putty is included. Makes the job a snap! Dave was a great guy at PCG for decades. I heard he passed on, sad to hear it. Hopefully whoever took the business over is good to deal with too.

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
Since this is coming out of my own pocket, I may as well just do that because I do want it to be politically correct every single nut and bolt car. The only thing I’ve changed on the car is a no longer using just an acrylic enamel paint and I did not use the original 2barrel and intake, manifold or exhaust. It has headers. I rebuilt the 318 I have a more aggressive cam and I have a nice Edelbrock, 1406 on top of it on aluminum intake manifold. The rest of the car is AS stock as it could possibly be.

Gary Kitchens

Reaction score
I have about 3000 photographs throughout the restoration the engine build the front suspension and the rear suspension the rear and all of this every single nothing bothers her move from the car every piece of glass every piece of plastic. It’s all been refurbished but I’m just not done with it yet because it’s coming out of my pocket for the last two years and it’s kind of hard to do some **** the right way and still make money to pay the bills on the side. I guess I overbooked myself.

Back