• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

steering problems

racer939393

Reaction score
I am rebuilding a 1974 dodge challenger 360 with power steering. My problem is on the driver side the inner tie rod hits the torque rod. I have no problem on the rightside. It is not possible to turn the wheels to the left. I have all new pitman arm, tie rod ends, idler arm and spindles. Any help you be great.

moparleo

Reaction score
If the pitman arm was installed properly, the only thing that can be put on incorrectly is the center link. It can go on 2 different ways but only one way is proper. What do you mean by torque rod ? Picture ?

racer939393

Reaction score
sorry new Mopar man, tie rod is hitting the torsion bar. tried putting on the center link the other way and it hits my oil pan, it is a aftermarket oil pan.

AUSTA

Reaction score
I am rebuilding a 1974 dodge challenger 360 with power steering. My problem is on the driver side the inner tie rod hits the torque rod. I have no problem on the rightside. It is not possible to turn the wheels to the left. I have all new pitman arm, tie rod ends, idler arm and spindles. Any help you be great.
is the vehicle on a post lift or on the ground

moparleo

Reaction score
Can you give us all of the information of what else is not stock? A picture would be the best. Did anything other than the steering linkage get replaced at the same time ?

racer939393

Reaction score
I have aftermarket strut rods from QA1, new spindles for disc brakes, new ball joints upper and lower, everything else is stock. I'll try to get a picture. thanks for helping me.

Back